• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I met a guy today that didn’t really seem to know much about guitars.

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
What gave you the inclination he was into guitars

Reminds me of the time i walked into a bar with an Syracuse frat t shirt on.

A couple of guys ran over started giving me the hand signs and verbal codes . It was obvious i had no clue nor did i ever go to Syracuse

Didn't even try to play it. I just came clean.

Boundcustom

Gold Supporting Member
He probably needed his wipers changed but didn’t let you do it either. It’s a shame because Dylan uses the same ones you were going to put on.

Morpeli

Silver Supporting Member
???

Was he like some random guy you met on a road?

Maybe he was into Golf or NASCAR. Or bird-watching. Did you ask him?

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
OP, my coworker is like this. Struck up a conversation about synthesizers (specifically the interaction between the various stages of your bog standard synth, and the finer points of west coast vs east coast philosophies and resulting methodologies) and all I got was a blank stare in return.

Doesn't this guy know ANYTHING?!

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
OP, my coworker is like this. Struck up a conversation about synthesizers (specifically the interaction between the various stages of your bog standard synth, and the finer points of west coast vs east coast philosophies and resulting methodologies) and all I got was a blank stare in return.

Doesn't this guy know ANYTHING?!
FM, VCA, VCO, and SYSEX in a VST environment?
Spill it, dude!

DinoMikeSr

I tried to engage him in some conversation but he was pretty clueless. He said a couple silly things so I mentioned my mid-50s Fender Jazzmaster. It didn’t even register. What a rube.
Unless someone is sitting beside me playing their gear I really don't care to hear about it.

twotone

You mean you thought he would believe that there was a Jazzmaster built before 1958?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom