I might sell both of my electrics for a Suhr Classic Pro HSS...UPDATE 3/23

ieso

I bought a Classic Pro thinking it would knock out my Legacy but that didn't really happen. Now I play neither of them :D

Suhr makes great guitars

But NO guitar could make me be totally satisfied with just one

No one guitar can have medium jumbo, vintage and medium frets

No one guitar can sound like the super 58’s in my AS-200, the TV CLASSICS in my 6118 LTV, the quacky single coil in one of my strats, the minihums in my Firebirds etc

No one guitar can have a fat V neck, a thin shredder neck, a Floyd Rose, a wraparound bridge and a Bigsby

No one guitar can have a single P90 and a bridge EMG

Etc

I like variety and different guitar experiences
I usually think and say this too. Heck, that's why I have 7 different guitars. Having said that: Since I got my Suhr Classic Custom, its the only guitar I've played in a whole year (My other 2 suhr's are safe in their cases)... it can happen!

Kdawg1966

I think you can reduce the risk buy buying from a place with a decent return window. If you love it, then sell your others. If not, then back she goes.
Exactly what I did. The return would have cost me $100.00 (mostly shipping costs, I believe). I viewed that as the cost of buying something with the luxury of returning it, no matter the reason. On a $2700.00 guitar, it's a small price to pay (if you indeed pay it) for peace of mind.

shredtrash

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Update:

I'm about 3 months in and I totally made the right decision. I LOVE this guitar! I hedged and kept the Comanche but it's just sitting in the case. I'm probably going to sell it eventually. It's not getting any time since I got the Suhr.

shredtrash

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I see you understand, as I said in post #6.

Congratulations on the new Suhr!
Yup! It's the best electric I've ever owned. It's making me want one of their Classic T's as well but I'm going to resist for the time being.

CaliCaveMan

Silver Supporting Member
Yup! It's the best electric I've ever owned. It's making me want one of their Classic T's as well but I'm going to resist for the time being.
Um yeah, get a classic t also. Totally worth it. I put the new Wilkinson saddles on my classic s and just propelled that guitar into nirvana. It’s the blue one in my pic. Those new Wilkinson trems are so worth it.

shredtrash

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Um yeah, get a classic t also. Totally worth it. I put the new Wilkinson saddles on my classic s and just propelled that guitar into nirvana. It’s the blue one in my pic. Those new Wilkinson trems are so worth it.
I want the Classic T Pro with the Humbucker in the neck.

GEARHOUND

I bought that exact same guitar a few years back and love it. I realized after a year I had not touched my Eric Clapton or Classic Player Strat so I sold them off and bought the Alt T pro also in Olympic White. Best move I ever made. I'll never let go of my twins as they can cover almost anything between them. (of course I said that about the EC strat also;-)

CaliCaveMan

Silver Supporting Member
I bought that exact same guitar a few years back and love it. I realized after a year I had not touched my Eric Clapton or Classic Player Strat so I sold them off and bought the Alt T pro also in Olympic White. Best move I ever made. I'll never let go of my twins as they can cover almost anything between them. (of course I said that about the EC strat also;-)
Argg, the alt t has been on my radar before, but other awesome Suhrs got in the way. Congrats!

Trending Topics