******* I miss Dimebag...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Hwoltage, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hwoltage

Hwoltage Member

...and this kind of **** is why.

****. Yes. :bounce

2. el nino

el nino Member

miss that mofo too,and i bet they would bury the hatchet and put another killer pantera album,god knows the world could use one :beer getcha pull ;)

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

Metal IMO died when he did. Most of the bands do what he did, but are losing all of the most important parts of his style.

4. scriptphase

scriptphase Member

Pantera was more than the sum of its parts, but I imagine the magic would be gone without Dime. Still, I'd like to see Phil and Vinnie make amends. Maybe a big reunion show with guest guitarists to put it to rest the right way.

5. Hwoltage

Hwoltage Member

This is such a great album. I have been listening to it non stop.

Crappy quality, of course. To get the good stuff you gotta buy the album. :D

6. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

I can't think of too awful many bands trying to sound like Pantera. I will agree that most bands that ape Pantera are pretty bad but metal is as alive now as it ever has been.

His death was definitely tragic. Of course Vinnie plays with Hellyeah now which is also pretty damn tragic. It's funny, Phil's with Down now who I like as much, if not more, than Pantera. Never would've picked Phil to end up in the best band after Pantera broke up. Funny how things work out.

7. Hwoltage

Hwoltage Member

8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

I don't listen to very much current metal, but when it does pop on on Pandora or something, there's whammy squeals everywhere and all the guitarist are trying to play like Dimebag.

9. Hwoltage

Hwoltage Member

To me what also really identifies Dime are his "hick" bends... All the those little micro note bends... He threw them in everywhere. That and the fact that he tuned a quarter step or so flat off the bass is just brilliant. The tension that adds is perfect for what he was doing. So cool.

10. Archangelyabbo

Archangelyabbo Member

R.I.P. Dimebag
    Huge influence. He carried metal on his shoulders.

11. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

Exactly. Modern players copy his scales and riff style, but miss out on the country-ness of his playing.

12. TimSt.L

TimSt.L Member

I was thinking, the only player who I'd be 100% OK with filling Dimes' shoes for a reunion would be Zakk.
    Anyone else have any ideas? I know there are a select few that could possibly PLAY the shows, but who has the respect,ability and Dime-like charisma?

Edit: would it be better to have multiple guitarists on the bill? Have em all just play two or three songs?

13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

A multi-guitarist tribute would be pretty awesome. Like "Pantera featuring:...". Thing is Phil Anslemo and Vinnie Paul will never patch things up.