I miss talking with other guitarists, but gear talk hasn't interested me ...

Dad love mom

Silver Supporting Member
Can any of you suggest another forum where I can talk music, guitar playing, practice, and approaches to songwriting? I rarely visit this page any longer because my gear has finally a been a non-issue (and it's been that way for nearly two years).

Suggestions?

derekd

Supporting Member
just can't get rid of that "old guitar player" smell. it's uncomfortable in there. stinks like middle age and lost dreams.

there's offsetguitars.com (pretty cool) and shortscale.org (a bunch of 40 year old pop-punk half-wits). tdpri, strat-talk, lots more...
Rob Renman consistently posts his short lessons most anyone can digest there and plenty of beginners ask questions.

Sure, there is a bunch of theory talk but that's the forum for it. If guys want more chatter about rock/metal/country stuff post threads on it. Otherwise, it is left to those of us who play jazz and fusion.

SRQGuitar

Gold Supporting Member
I used to spend all my time here on the Amp and Guitar forums. Then I started getting into pedals more and spent time there. Never went to the Pub until a couple of years ago when I tired of all the repetitive posts in the other forums and started using the "new posts" filter. Each sub forum here has it's own vibe and some are more popular than others. I had an old user id that I lost. It was tied to an old ISP email that I didn't have access to anymore so I've been enjoying this place for well over ten years. Between all the different forums you can discuss most anything here (except banned subjects) with fellow musicians. If the OP was asking this question anywhere else I'd say "TGP" by a wide margin compared to any other forum. TDPRI is OK as is Strat Talk. I wish I played more bass because TalkBass is a great community. The Acoustic Guitar Forum is slow, boring and stuffy.

So basically, you're in the right place. I'd say, be your future. Get involved in more discussions other parts of TGP and be as active as you can in the Playing and Technique forum. Taking part in the Pub and talking about non musical things helped me get to know the people here better than any of the sub forums and I have a better sense of community here. "Be the ball"-Chevy Chase

Papanate

Suggestions?
I'm not sure why the Sound Lounge doesn't fulfill your requirements? I do understand the need for real communication on a casual level - but sadly a internet forum is not the place that works like that.
Sounds to me like you need to find some Friends that you can chew the tabacky with over a myriad of subjects - in a natural conversational mode without music being the main focus.

Rio

Gold Supporting Member
I used to spend all my time here on the Amp and Guitar forums. Then I started getting into pedals more and spent time there. Never went to the Pub until a couple of years ago when I tired of all the repetitive posts in the other forums and started using the "new posts" filter. Each sub forum here has it's own vibe and some are more popular than others. I had an old user id that I lost. It was tied to an old ISP email that I didn't have access to anymore so I've been enjoying this place for well over ten years. Between all the different forums you can discuss most anything here (except banned subjects) with fellow musicians. If the OP was asking this question anywhere else I'd say "TGP" by a wide margin compared to any other forum. TDPRI is OK as is Strat Talk. I wish I played more bass because TalkBass is a great community. The Acoustic Guitar Forum is slow, boring and stuffy.

So basically, you're in the right place. I'd say, be your future. Get involved in more discussions other parts of TGP and be as active as you can in the Playing and Technique forum. Taking part in the Pub and talking about non musical things helped me get to know the people here better than any of the sub forums and I have a better sense of community here. "Be the ball"-Chevy Chase
Yeah. This. The P&T section looks like it can be anything that you make of it. Post away!

Rio

Trending Topics