I missed a seriously good opportunity on Friday night

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by GCDEF, Feb 8, 2015.

1. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

according to the guy that wanted to get up and "jam some 12 bar blues" with us. Somehow I think I'll survive. Nothing we play resembles blues and nothing we did should have given the impression it was open mic night. He was genuinely upset with me for saying no. :eeks

2. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

Its a no win situation letting some one sit in on your gig! If he's great, doesn't look good for you, and if he sucks, well. We hit the stage playing, and don't stop, from one tune to the next, to discourage people from shouting requests for songs, or to sit in. The venue hired us to do what we do, not some dood, we may or may not know.

3. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

You made him sad. I've obtained this from the bar's outside security camera.

[​IMG]

4. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Oh man last summer at an outdoor gig we had a guy stand in front of the stage wearing his sax and asking us between every song if he could join in.

We are a hard rock and metal covers band. When I finally gave in and let him jam with us to Mississippi Queen his solo was 4 minutes long.. He was booed hard after that every time he got near the stage with his sax. he wasn't bad but it was annoying.