I need 2 pedals first in my chain..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by neosoulchild, May 9, 2015.

1. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

So I have 2 pedals I need to have first in my chain.. is there a way to switch between the 2 pedals being first? I don't plan on using the 2 together.

2. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

If they are both true bypass and never on together, it wouldn't be an issue.

3. joeysmac

joeysmac Member

I have an A/B loop switcher by Loop-Master. I'd be happy to make you a sweet deal on it. PM me if you are interested. It lets you switch between to pedal loops, so either A or B, or bypass both. In your case, loop A could be one pedal and loop be could be the other pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

PM me if TheoDog isn't interested in it. I had Skreddy make me one before he got big, but unfortunately I sold it. Now need one again, was going to go with just a Boss LS2.

5. ejoco

ejoco Member

Yep. Or if one is buffered a true bypass loop (like the Keeley one) might do the trick

6. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Member

I want my cake, and to eat it, too.

7. Tonesmiths

Tonesmiths Member

This1smyne make a pedal called the Flip Flop that's designed specifically for your needs

8. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

I'm not so sure about that.. I used to run my rangemaster after a true bypass pedal, but I noticed an obvious difference (for the better imo) with the rangemaster first. It's pretty much the shape of my guitar sound so I need it there.
    I want to get a fuzz factory (again). I had one before, but got rid of it because it was more of a fun box for me than anything musical.. but now I want it for that very reason. I recall not being able to use it anywhere but first in my chain in a way useful for me..
    So I guess I (will) have 2 pedals that need direct guitar input. Maybe the fuzz factory will work fine after a tb pedal, didn't get to try that when I had it before.

9. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

If they are never on at the same time, just put them first and second and it doesn't matter which is first. Are you wanting to switch between them by hitting one footswitch instead of 2? If so, then get an A/B loop switcher that toggles between the 2 pedals, and put that first in your chain.

10. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

No.. I'm basically asking about 2 pedals that depend on direct impedance. Sorry if I wasn't being specific.
    I noticed a difference with my rangemaster. Maybe that won't be the case with the fuzz factory.

11. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

They should work fine inline with each other if only using 1 at a time. Only thing you'll be adding is very small cable capacitance of the extra patch cable. Unless your using a 5ft patch cable you'll never notice the difference.

12. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

Are they both true bypass? Then it shouldn't matter.

13. ObsessedGuitarist

ObsessedGuitarist Member

First in line for me has been the great trusty Boss LS-2 for years. Buffered, but first in line is nice to have and it has so many more features for future use. FWIW.

14. Ulug

Ulug Member

A passive dual loop switcher / selector might help... I think Radial Engineering had something to that effect.

15. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

16. noranyan

noranyan Member

Another happy user of the Loop-Master true bypass loopers.

Mine was just 30 bucks yet it's built to last decades.