I need a 1x12 or a small 2x12 for my Amp Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rocksully, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Rocksully

Rocksully Member

I have a 65 Marquee head, and Id like to get a 2x12 65 Amps Cab,
    but they are almost 1000 bucks.
    Could anyone please suggest a cab that is really well built, and that they think is amazing, that wont cost me that much?

I have a Celestion Heritage G12H kicking around that I would like to use.

This would be for gigging so size is important. I love the Orange 2x12 but it's to big and I despise V30 Speakers.

2. moggio

moggio Member

Check out the StoneAge 2x12B. Very well built. I have an open back with 2 Celestion Heritage H30s (the purple one on his Website) and it is a stellar cab. He is also making a new 1x12 that is slightly smaller than the 2x12B--- kind of an oversized 1x12. Great cabs and a great guy to deal with. Here is the link: http://www.stoneagecustomcabinets.com/default.php

3. kingsxman

kingsxman Silver Supporting Member

www.mathercab.com

I've got a slanted 1x12 coming. He's even making me an extra 1x15 baffle so I can swap the baffles out. Great guy to work with.

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have a beautiful Bruno 2x12 pine cab for sale in the Emporium. Lightweight and resonant too.

5. gsf

gsf Member

I have a Mather ported 1x12. Wonderful. He told me last Sat that they just tested a bunch of speakers in an oval open back 2x12 that they fell in love with. Peter is a class act.

6. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

I have an unfinished 1x12 cab that needs a speaker and a good home. It was built by Griffiths Sound Works in Des Moines.

Made of birch plywood, but you would have to finish the rest of it yourself, and supply your own speaker. It came with a 2-piece open back, and I made an ugly plywood full size back for it. But it is nicely built and sounds good. Speaker rear mounts with t nuts, and the jack is already wired.

I was gonna put a Jensen in it, but I have no $$$$$$. PM me if you want more info.

7. scroff

scroff Member

Look at lopo, avatar and/or earcandy cabs.

8. Nomadgtr

Nomadgtr Member

+1
    John does an outstanding job! I have a 2x12C and a 4x12 from him and both are superb. I would also echo the feedback on dealing with John, a true craftsman who is very customer focused and a helluva nice guy. i visited his shop last year while on vacation in MI and I could have spent hours talking with him, he was a very gracious host.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  9. funkycam

funkycam Member