I need a 2x12 cab...

Clickjack

I purchased a 65 Fender Bassman a few weeks back. I can't find a cab, I only have about 300 I can spend, any ideas?

2x12 vs 4x10 for the Bassman?

Ampegasaur

Used Avatar, Lopoline. Get them cheap, and they are decent utilitarian solid cabs that can take the road pretty well.

jchan

+1 on Avatar. Even though there are other good manufacturers, Avatar makes some really good stuff for a great price. I have a 2x12 Avatar Vintage cab that is great. I installed casters on it and its a great cab. They also have a dent n scratch section with really good deals. You can always get one from ebay as well.

m@2

if you are patient you may be able to find a matching one (bassman 2X12) for around that price

skunx

Silver Supporting Member
You can find a used THD between 3 and 400 and they are awesome sounding cabs.

I'll join in the Avatar choir. Last night I had occasion to open up my Contemporary 1x12 for the first time and saw a -very- clean build and good plywood that made me feel a lot better about not having bought a more expensive cab. I also have a Heritage 2x10, not quite as heavily built as the Contemporary, a little easier to carry. They both sound great.

If you don't want an Avatar and are near a major city, Craigslist can be your friend.

To address your actual question: I don't have a 2x12 -or- a 4x10 but having paid attention to Bassman owners, they seem to prefer the 4x10. I will say that a 4x10 will actually give you more square inches pushing air than a 2x12, just as a 2x10 has more area than a 1x12.

Trending Topics