I need a back plate...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jmecale72, Jan 24, 2012.

1. jmecale72

jmecale72 Member

I just bought a Fender Esquire Scorpion. The downside is that it didn't have a back plate to cover the electronics on the back of the guitar. Does anyone know where I might be able to look for one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

2. yerbluesrob

yerbluesrob Supporting Member

3. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Have you tried contacting Fender customer support?

4. jmecale72

jmecale72 Member

***UPDATE*** I contacted Fender customer report and they informed that because the guitar was made in Korea, the parts are NOT available. So back to the drawing board. The rep did tell me that anyone who makes pick guards could possibly custom make a back plate. So now on to finding an alternative....

5. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

I "think" it's WD that as long as you send them a cardboard template will cut any type of plastic you need. Also, you may want to check Ebayer Stratosphere (or Strat-o-Sphere) as he regularly parts out Fender guitars of all kinds.

EDIT - Here's the link to his eBay store. If you don't see one listed, I would contact him.

6. tibbon

tibbon Member

Do you really need one? I always take the back plates off all my strats.

Anyone with a laser cutter should be able to make an acrylic or bakelite one.