I need a Box to ship a guitar...

EDS

Silver Supporting Member
I really need to get a shipping carton for a guitar - I got something from my local music store but its just a bit over the size limit of 108 Inches total Girth. (this is a post office limit for international shipments; I don't want to use Fedex or UPS.)

The other local music stores don't have any sitting around at the moment to give me. I've called UPS store, Office Depot, and Uhaul - none of them have an adequate box for guitar, at least one that stays under 108 inches.

Anyone know where I can buy one? Thanks alot

jimlp

Silver Supporting Member
If the box you have is to long trim it down until it is under the 108 inch limit.

bazooka47

Wow, what a great excuse to buy another guitar- to get the box!!

Seriously, if you cannot find a guitar box, find a bigger box and cut it down. I have done it a number of times. A box cutter and packing tape are all you need.

EDS

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the quick replies! I was thinking about cutting it down - maybe I'll just have to do that. It seems strange no one sells a shipping carton that fits guitars well.

russ

Silver Supporting Member
Try the local music stores again. This time, offer to buy it.

spikeRI

I've gone to bicycle shops and found some really nice and HEAVY boxes.......usually have to do some trimming, but they work well and they usually are happy to get rid of them........

jryan

I've gone to bicycle shops and found some really nice and HEAVY boxes.......usually have to do some trimming, but they work well and they usually are happy to get rid of them........

+1 here..I always hit the local bike shops for guitar boxes!

blood5150

This is a good thread... I am selling a guitar on the "bay" for the 1st time and have been wondering where I was going to get a box... I would have never thought of the bike shop...

Kappy

I buy guitar boxes from Uline. I think its www.uline.com. Not the cheapest method, about $6/box if it's a small order and another $10 shipping.
Yeah, just got a bundle of 5 from them. Showed up the next business day and was well packed. Good, heavy duty boxes too!

FloridaSam

I use www.mrboxonile.com When I was heavy into ebay sales I saved thousands of dollars by using them. Luckily they are local to me but they also do lots of mail order. The people there are very helpful and friendly.

MisterTV

Silver Supporting Member
UPS also carries a "guitar box".... after describing the dimensions I was lookign for, the clerk came back with a box that had "guitar" stamped right on it!!

Kappy

UPS also carries a "guitar box".... after describing the dimensions I was lookign for, the clerk came back with a box that had "guitar" stamped right on it!!
For anyone considering this, it's wise to call ahead and see if they have one on hand before making your trip.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom