I Need a DD-500 Delay setting expert

89strat

I went from a DD-20 to a DD-500. One of the presents I had on the DD-20 was a very convincing chorus. I would like to do the same with the DD-500, but not just chorused repeats, but more like a chorus and delay together. I'm not necessarily looking for a modulated delay sound, but more of a chorus pedal and delay pedal both on together. Like a CE-2 going into a DM-2.

There's a dual delay setting on the dial, but I was having some trouble finding something good. Under the Dual delay setting, I was thinking I could set one delay as a warm sounding regular repeats, like a DD-2 or DM-2 sounding delay, and the other delay set up to sound like a chorus. I think I'm on the right track, but It sounds fake and I'm losing my patience.

My other option is just set up a good analog modulated delay sound, which would probably sound better anyway, but I would have to have the effect level up high to hear a full chorus, which would also make the repeats more in your face than I'd want. I wish I had a song in mind that I'm trying to get to, like the Police, Rush, Eric Johnson, etc...

And yes, I've skimmed through the 100's of pages of dd-500 tips and tricks thread, which was very resourceful, but I'm hoping someone else who's really good with this pedal can give me some tips.

Bort

Set the system to A/B SIMUL and select routing preference (SERIES or PARALLEL).

Next, locate a factory chorus preset (there’s at least one) and edit to your taste. Then save to patch ‘A’ of a free bank.

Next, press the down arrow button to select patch ‘B’. Turn the mode knob to ANALOG. Now you can edit the patch using the knobs, or deep-edit in the menu.

89strat

Just so I understand this, in using A/B Simul setting, I can use the A and B pedals at the same time? As if this pedal couldn't get any cooler. That's awesome. However, is that just for that particular bank, or does setting it that way now make every bank A/B Simul? The reason I ask is, would that loose the Loop functions?

Trending Topics