I need a diagnosis

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by riverastoasters, Jun 1, 2008.

1. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

I spent the last few hours out in the back splitting wood. And it came to me - why don't I get David Bray to do a JCM800 2203 for me? The thinking seems to be something like well, since I never really liked those, why not see what he can do with it?

I checked in the mirror and it doesn't look like I accidentally hit myself while swinging the sledge.

2. bosstone

bosstone Member

I have heard some of his 2204s and I think he does a great job on them. I am sure most of that must translate to the 2203s if you have a need for that much power.

3. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

The thinking there is that his master volume is so good that why not get the 100W?

4. Wallace

Wallace Silver Supporting Member

A,
    I'd say get one so we can read your review :p.
    I had my own finger on the trigger for David's work over a Bassman. The feeling came and went but I still have interest in his stuff.
    Let me know how it worked for you!
    Wallace

5. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

Well the 1959SLP he did for me is really great. Way exceeded my expectations. So whether or not I do the JCM800 deal (which is the one style of Marshall I could be interested in but do not have) I can still recommend David Bray.