I need a high quality Microphone Cable under $50

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Trotter, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Silver Supporting Member

I've been a diehard Mogami user for a while now, unfortunately they're getting to be a bit to pricey for my blood everytime I need another cable.

Yesterday I needed another pair of 3' trs/trs patch cables and a 10' pair for my second set of mixing monitors...and once again I was disturbed by the total of $200 for the mogami!! :mad:

Today however, I've decided to break the 'ol routine after doing some hours of research last night. Today I bought a bunch of custom cables made of Canare L-4E6S Star Quad that's terminated with Neutrik-Rean NYS ¼ Inch Gold TRS plugs. I bought four 10' for my monitors, and two 3' trs for $74 total! And that's even adding in an additional pair of 10 footers. So $74 vs. $300 is crazy attractive.

I bought more than I was looking for, but I figure I'd try the 10' cables for my multiple sets of monitors. I'm interested in comparing them to my mogami. If they're as quiet and as nice sonically as my mogami, I'll swap everything out for the Canare and never look back :D. I'll keep my mogami guitar cables and sell all the existing patch cables.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 2:56 PM
  2. sants

sants Supporting Member

I own a lot of both Mogami and canare. I like them both equally. The canare are a little softer and wrap nicer imo. Both are exceptional cables.

Anthony Newcomb likes this.
  3. electricity17

electricity17 Supporting Member

+1 on Redco

I have a bunch of Canare cables they’ve made which are great.