I need a longer guitar strap

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by kanderson, Feb 26, 2012.

1. kanderson

kanderson Member

Been looking for a longer guitar strap... Maybe a 60" for my acoustic. Recommend a strap. Not looking for $200 strap though....
    Thx

2. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Couch straps are usually pretty long

3. kanderson

kanderson Member

Thx I have some couch straps for my electrics. Not long enough for my acoustic though. Need at least a 60".

4. Jammer2393

Jammer2393 Member

the ernie ball nylon ones are 64" I think. they're, cheap, and come in your basic colors. Im lucky because with all the moving I do I would much rather play with a 20$ nylon than a 200$ leather. The leather just grabs your shirt. Suede is like the cloth of satan.

Anyway, yeah, nice solid straps, as generic as you can get, and long.

5. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

eBay seller: "houseofstraps" sells inexpensive XL straps that are pretty nice & even better if you have a nice strap that'sjust too short, he sometimes sells XL tongues(the narrow part) to lengthen your strap. I've bought both with fine results.

Tony

6. kanderson

kanderson Member

awesome! thx for the tips guys. I'll check out Ernie Ball and house of straps on ebay too.

7. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

I'm a dealer and I carry Souldier, Couch, Levy's, LM, and Planet Waves straps. Most straps are available in XL but there are only a couple that I carry in extra length because they usually just gather dust. I'm sure most stores/dealers would agree.

However, if anybody is interested, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to special order anything you want in XL at a good price.

8. serial

serial Member

Get'm Get'm straps are pretty long too (longer than my Couch straps, which I love).

9. sodapopinski

sodapopinski Member

I think i've read that they can make them longer by request.

10. cmatthes

cmatthes Member

Ditto on Couch making straps longer if you ask. I use the Couch and Get'm Get'm stuff, because I'm tall and also wear my guitars/basses lower. Both are great options and have fantastic customer service.

11. kanderson

kanderson Member

hmmm...didn't know you could get couch straps in longer lengths. I'll look into that...love my couch straps for my electrics, but for whatever reason, I need a longer strap on my acoustic to be comfortable.

12. dju

dju Member

13. losergeek

losergeek Member

I always stick with Levy's cotton, but last time when I wanted an XL one for my hollowbody I had to get the store to order it in because they dont' stock them regularly.

14. kanderson

kanderson Member

Picked up an Ernie Ball "faux" leather LOL... but it's long enough for my acoustic and wasn't too pricey! Thx guys for all the suggestions!

15. Wake911

Wake911 Member

i use the most basic ernie ball ones...i'm 6'6" so getting a strap to hang down to anything below Dave Matthews height is a struggle, and those have been the best for me, super cheap, nice and long....hold up well (i use straplocks on all mine, so no constant on/off stretching.