1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

I need a lower profile, collapsable mic stand. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GeorgiaGuitars, Feb 16, 2012.

1. GeorgiaGuitars

GeorgiaGuitars Member

In an effort to reduce stage clutter and ease of setup, I chopped the tripod legs off of my boom stand and mounted on a threaded sleeve. The whole thing screws into a flange mounted on my pedalboard.

The mic stand is still too long to fit into my roadcase for the pedalboard.

I would prefer not to chop it any smaller, as I am tall.

I think a gooseneck would look silly.

Any ideas?

I cant find anything online.

Thanks!

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

How about cutting the stand down further and re-thread it. Afterwards, get a boom to mount onto the stand.

3. GeorgiaGuitars

GeorgiaGuitars Member

I cannot shorten anymore. I am too tall, it is too short, even with the boom extended all of the way.