I need a picture of the location of the Treble Cap solder points on a DRRI Please?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Denny, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Denny

Denny Member

I know it's between the 2nd input and volume knob (vib channel) on the circuit board - however - only the underneath of the board is showing and there's only the little solder "blobs" showing - it's hard to actually identify which ones go to the cap unless you've already done this modification. . My intention is to use a solder wick to remove the cap from the underside and hopefull it will fall out and I can remove it. (otherwise I'll have to take the entire friggin front of the amp apart to get at it). If someone has a decent picture of this location and can draw a circle or something to identify the 2 "blobs" - I would appreciate it very much. The location schematic doesn't help at all. Thanks

D.

2. Dave C

Dave C Gold Supporting Member

Sorry I don't have a DRRI to photograph directly , but I did add 2 dots to represent the solder "blobs" and circled the C-10 cap on the layout schematic. Hope this helps.
    Dave C

[​IMG]

3. Denny

Denny Member

Yes thank you very much - but I actually need a pphoto of the area on the actual circuit board that shows which "blobs" they are, but thanks for trying - I realy appreciate it.

Denny

4. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

It'l take you just as long to take the amp apart to figure out what you did if you unsolder the wrong thing. I wouldn't recomend shortcuts.

Just my .02

5. Denny

Denny Member

6. Dave C

Dave C Gold Supporting Member

Denny, take a picture of your amps board,a good sharp closeup of the area in question, email it to me , I'll circle the solder spots and e it back.
    Dave C

7. Denny

Denny Member

EXCELLENT - I'll do that tonight -U-DA-MAN!!!!!!

Thanks

D.

8. Denny

Denny Member

Dave - please send me your email address. I can't put the pix up on the board - i don't know how> Mine is: dbonanzam@pshift.com

Thanks

D.

9. Denny

Denny Member

It wasn't that hard either. Now I just need you to circle the blobs and return. Thanks everyone!!

[​IMG]

10. Denny

Denny Member

thanks to Dave C. from this board.

[​IMG]