I need a wah pedal....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by omfg51, Jan 29, 2012.

1. omfg51

omfg51 Member

I really want to get a wah pedal. I've been playing for 7 years and gigging regularly for 2 and I think it's about time I got one. The thing is, I really want a specific sounding wah pedal. I've listened to quite a few but what I am really looking for is a wider axis. I want there to be lots of ground covered by this wah. On top of that, I'd like it to move between the sounds really evenly and never just jump from front to back soundwise. Suggest me some wah pedals please?

2. dascher

dascher Member

RMC wahs are very high quality and there are a few different options to choose from http://www.realmccoycustom.com/WHICH WAH.htm. I bought the RMC4 Picture, it has no knobs on it. The RMC3 is very adjustable with the knobs on the front of the wah instead of the sides.

3. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

Spend the stupid money and buy a Roger Mayer Vision Wah regular or Special. http://www.roger-mayer.co.uk/vision_special.htm
    Every wah that I've tried over the years has failed to give me what I was looking for until I found the RM. You seem to be after what I like in a wah.
    Wah pedals I've had; vintage vox and cry baby, RMC1, RMC3, RMC picture wah, Fulltone (both), Zvex wah probe (close but not quite), Proanalog supaquack (awful), Area 51 fully loaded (really great standard wah). I think there were others but not memorable. What I don't like about the conventional wah is the inherent distortion in the sweep as it goes through the midrange. All of the wah's listed had this same problem- apart from the Zvex. The RM Special is a great volume pedal when in bypass mode and is also a great sounding buffer.

4. tibbon

tibbon Member

I agree. RM makes the best ones. I have a Vision wah and I'll never replace it.