1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Need an Overdrive for my Strat!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ReeceTurbin, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ReeceTurbin

ReeceTurbin Guest

Hey, i've been looking around for a nice, rocky overdrive for my strat that is still nive and transparent and keeps note clarity. I'm running a Strat with a JB Jr. on the bridge pickup into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

Cheers!

2. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

3. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Agree a FDII is ideal for a strat, especially w/a JB. Lots of lattitude and adjustability, and a seperate boost for solos. Its tone is VERY clear and articulate, great for strats. Also own a Klon which is overall awesome, but for s/c apps, the choices w/the FDII make it a winner. Bonus,you can find used but mint examples for <$150.00 too.

4. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

transparent, clarity, overdrive - I think you are looking for a tim or timmy

5. Phil M

Phil M Member

I love the flat mids setting on the FDII with a Strat. I've got one of those.

Another to consider is this pedal called a DGTM by T.C. Jauernig. It does have a TS type sound, but I've had this pedal since February and it always sounds amazing with a Strat.

6. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

The HAO soul pressure might be a good fit for you with that amp.

7. MAZ

MAZ Member

for single coil pickups I've been loving my BB Preamp. The AC Booster too if you want less gain.

The guitar's character stays intact with both of these pedals.

8. Goldstrat

Goldstrat Supporting Member

My MI Audio Blues Pro sounds great with my strat.

9. JPenn

JPenn Member

Try the Barber Direct Drive. I'm using a Tyler w/ the slanted Tyler/Duncan Trembucker JB thru a HR Deluxe w/6V6's and really digging the tone. I also have a Maxon SD9 which is cool, but can get a little muddy. The Barber to me is kind of like a cross of an SD9/TS9. Less lowend like the TS, more drive and not as much mid hump like the SD.

Since getting the DD I'm using the SD9 with the drive all the way off (still a little bit of grit) to boost the DD for a more liquid tone.

Fender amps need a more middy pedal, to my ears. TS-type pedals seem to work out better for me.

10. glynn

glynn Member

+1

More gain, less mid hump than the standard TS. Lots o output as well.

Great pedal.

11. El Jimbo

El Jimbo Member

+1

MI Audio Blue Boy (just wait for the eminent release of the Blue Boy Deluxe) or Tube Zone will both sound great with that gear...and have the adjustability to suit any type of pup.

12. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

+1 on the Blue Boy.

Just somethin' about that pedal...