I need compact loop switcher advice

Joshdrain

14642189_184272062023793_2119955413106664462_n.jpg
I have a Blackbird 1224 pedalboard and I am needing to add a small 3 switch looper to it for my 3 drive stages. This seems pretty simple however, to make this work the way I need it. I will need to fit my Big Sky 7" wide, my Timeline 7" wide, my volume pedal 4" wide and the 3 drive loop switcher on my bottom row. That leaves me 6" worth of space. Does anyone know of a good analog either true or even buffered bypass switcher that can accommodate this with 6" or less of width? Right now I can't access my Big Sky without accidentally pressing knobs on my timeline as show in the current state photo.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Have you considered a Boss ES-5 to do loops and Midi control of the Strymons so it doesn't matter where they are.

Gibs210

Loopmaster.com makes a compact 3 loop switched exactly 6" wide, all connections on th top side, I'd sell ya mine, but one of the LED's went bad.

Multicellular

Loopmaster.com makes a compact 3 loop switched exactly 6" wide, all connections on th top side, I'd sell ya mine, but one of the LED's went bad.

Yep. Exactly 6. Here is mine. I cant see what type of board you have but I was able to get this one to fit on the front row of a Pedaltrain novo, with clearance, by using the very low profile EBS flat patch cables.

pedalboard_september2016.jpg

Joshdrain

Have you considered a Boss ES-5 to do loops and Midi control of the Strymons so it doesn't matter where they are.
One of the other players used the ES-5 and really likes it, I agree that is a great way to go but, fitting that on my board with everything else will be a pretty big investment considering I will likely need a bigger board and the ES-5. I want to find something that can bridge the gap between now and when I UPGRADE ...

tubekingsley

14642189_184272062023793_2119955413106664462_n.jpg
I have a Blackbird 1224 pedalboard and I am needing to add a small 3 switch looper to it for my 3 drive stages. This seems pretty simple however, to make this work the way I need it. I will need to fit my Big Sky 7" wide, my Timeline 7" wide, my volume pedal 4" wide and the 3 drive loop switcher on my bottom row. That leaves me 6" worth of space. Does anyone know of a good analog either true or even buffered bypass switcher that can accommodate this with 6" or less of width? Right now I can't access my Big Sky without accidentally pressing knobs on my timeline as show in the current state photo.
You may not be able to fit your current line-up, plus a 6 inch strip on that board, because there isn't enough room to fit the loop switcher (plus cable plugs) in the current empty space on the board... and the board is already packed. If you can figure out a way, keep in mind that the volume pedal would need to be at the far left or far right, because your shoe/foot is quite likely wider than 4". If the volume pedal were sandwiched between two pedals, your foot would hit those pedals, if you're wanting to do swells. Also, even though the sum of those pedals equals 24", there will be a small amount of over hang at the side of the board. With a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch over hang on each side, would the board fit in it's case ? I would do what others have suggested, and put your volume pedal on the floor. Removing the volume pedal would make things less congested, and you would have room to route the cables off the board, regardless of the location of the pedals that come before and after it. Another possibility, would be to use a 4.25" switcher, with two loops, and simply place two pedals in one loop- with one of those two pedals located in a spot where it could be second row stomped, if you ever need to use both pedals placed in the single loop, at the same time. Using the smaller two loop switcher may allow you to keep the volume pedal on the board- But, it doesn't look like you could fit a two loop switcher in the current empty spot on the board. In any scenario where the volume pedal remains on the board, it's going to be extremely tight.

Joshdrain

You may not be able to fit your current line-up, plus a 6 inch strip on that board, because there isn't enough room to fit the loop switcher (plus cable plugs) in the current empty space on the board... and the board is already packed. If you can figure out a way, keep in mind that the volume pedal would need to be at the far left or far right, because your shoe/foot is quite likely wider than 4". If the volume pedal were sandwiched between two pedals, your foot would hit those pedals, if you're wanting to do swells. Also, even though the sum of those pedals equals 24", there will be a small amount of over hang at the side of the board. With a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch over hang on each side, would the board fit in it's case ? I would do what others have suggested, and put your volume pedal on the floor. Removing the volume pedal would make things less congested, and you would have room to route the cables off the board, regardless of the location of the pedals that come before and after it. Another possibility, would be to use a 4.25" switcher, with two loops, and simply place two pedals in one loop- with one of those two pedals located in a spot where it could be second row stomped, if you ever need to use both pedals placed in the single loop, at the same time. Using the smaller two loop switcher may allow you to keep the volume pedal on the board- But, it doesn't look like you could fit a two loop switcher in the current empty spot on the board. In any scenario where the volume pedal remains on the board, it's going to be extremely tight.

I agree that would be easiest. I just transport enough to make it worthwhile to attempt to fit it all on the board itself. I went ahead and bought a WillSledgeFX 3 channel true bypass looper which is 5"x2.2" I am hoping I can cram it in and if need be I will pull something either the Lenny or the Twin Twelve if I run out of room. I will post an updated photo as soon as I get things sorted...o_O

tubekingsley

I agree that would be easiest. I just transport enough to make it worthwhile to attempt to fit it all on the board itself. I went ahead and bought a WillSledgeFX 3 channel true bypass looper which is 5"x2.2" I am hoping I can cram it in and if need be I will pull something either the Lenny or the Twin Twelve if I run out of room. I will post an updated photo as soon as I get things sorted...o_O
Pulling one pedal should do the trick...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom