I need help finding a solution to my pedalboard problems!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SpencerS, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SpencerS

SpencerS Member

I need to find the best footswitcher for me. I need a footswitcher that will let me go between presets as well as activate my pedals individually. I also need it to be MIDI capable so I can control my Strymon Timeline as well as my Eventide Space and which preset they are on.

I have:
    overdrive
    delay
    reverb
    Tremolo
    phaser
    flanger
    chorus
    fuzz
    compressor
    EQ
    noise gate
    tuner
    footswitch to change from clean to distored
    Volume pedal

Ideally I'd like to ONLY have to press buttons on the footswitcher and use my volume pedal. I've looked into the Gigrig MIDI 14 and it looks great but I'm not sure if I can use it for multiple MIDI devices and also it has 10 loops(I'm not sure if/how i'd be able to make that enough seeing as how it at least appears as though I need more).

Help please, I've been stressing myself out for days! I'm open to any sort of suggestions. Thank you in advance!

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Seriously talk to Daniel at the GigRig he is one of the nicest guys in the biz and will take the time to examine your rig and make suggestions . He is one of the best out there.

3. RANMAN

RANMAN Member

I have had both the Gigrig 14 and currently own a Musicom Lab EFX MK II. I very much prefer the MK II. Also check out the RJM stuff.

4. jb4674

jb4674 Member

This will depend on a few variables:

1. What is your budget
    2. Do you want something rack based or something that can go on your pedalboard or next to it?
    3. How many midi enabled pedals do you own that would be controlled by the hardware you're looking for?
    4. Are you concerned about size?

Look forward to reading your answers.

5. SpencerS

SpencerS Member

"I have had both the Gigrig 14 and currently own a Musicom Lab EFX MK II. I very much prefer the MK II. Also check out the RJM stuff."

What makes you prefer the Musicom lab? And by the way, I checked out their page and they have the MK III+ out now and it looks pretty fancy, but I think I'd want just a couple more loops...

I talked to the guy at Gigrig and he told me that they could throw in a few passive loops for me if I just send them what my pedal chain will be.

And Jb4674:
    1)I'm willing to spend as much as it will take to get the job done but if there is something going at like 1500 then that just isn't an option haha.
    2)I'm very unfamiliar with rack technology and don't have very much of a clue what it is all about, so I wanted a pedal switcher at the foot of my pedalboard.
    3)I only plan on using two, at least at the moment. Strymon Timeline and Eventide Space
    4)Yes and no, something like the Voodoolab Ground control is out of the question because size. But the size of a gigrig midi 14 would be alright, especially since you can attach a pedal shelf thing to the back.

The Musicom lab EFX MK III+ was this(|--|) close to being perfect. but I wouldn't know how to put my EQ, Compressor, and noise gate in the loop since it has only 8 loops(plus ports for volume pedal, footswitch, and tuner)
    I know I'm being a baby about being a couple loops short no matter which situation I'm in but I just want to be able to not touch my physical pedals ideally.

6. Copper_Head

Copper_Head Supporting Member

FWIW - I'm using the Rocktron Patchmate 8 Floor, and it's been really good.

7. InTheSmallPring

InTheSmallPring Supporting Member

You can get the MusicomLab EFX III+ and, according to the manual, you can add a Voodoo Lab pedal switcher with four loops as an add on. That way, you would have twelve loops. You can also get a RJM Mini Effects Gizmo or an Axess GRX4 (if you can find it used, they are no longer made).

I currently have the EFX II, which doesn't send the SysEx messages you need to also use the Voodoo Lab pedal switcher, and it is still great. I actually use my EFX II with an Axess GRX4 that has four loops and it works great.

Just an idea . . .