I need help picking out a wah!!!!

hbentley

Hey Guys. I've never been much of a wah player, but I'm needing one for a gig. I really don't know where to start. I'm not remotely into the really hi-fi funk wah tones...I'd much rather have something growly and raunchy. I'm also not much of a tweaker...the less knobs the better. I do have a fuzz pedal on board ('69) which I've heard can create problems. What do you guys recommend for this type sound with no noise problems with my fuzz etc? I'm pretty open as far as a budget goes; I'd like to get it right the first time and be done with it.

pacomc79

Hey Guys. I've never been much of a wah player, but I'm needing one for a gig. I really don't know where to start. I'm not remotely into the really hi-fi funk wah tones...I'd much rather have something growly and raunchy. I'm also not much of a tweaker...the less knobs the better. I do have a fuzz pedal on board ('69) which I've heard can create problems. What do you guys recommend for this type sound with no noise problems with my fuzz etc? I'm pretty open as far as a budget goes; I'd like to get it right the first time and be done with it.

what type of pickups/guitar do you use?

I'd imagine a Fulltone Clyde or RMC1 would work quite well for you.

If you use Humbuckers the Wizard Wah also from RMC might be more friendly.

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/RMC1.htm

http://www.fulltone.com/CSW.asp

TDavis

Get yourself a Budda wah and be done with it. It works with single coils and 'buckers..."plays" with other effects well too!

JLee

If you plan on using the wah 1st in the chain before the fuzz, get a RMC Wah. RMC wahs have a built in buffer to help cut through fuzz. Picture Wah is a great no frills, vintage style wah.

C

clamdip7714

Get yourself a Budda wah and be done with it. It works with single coils and 'buckers..."plays" with other effects well too!

Ditto, although a bit noisy it sounds great. I have so far liked it best of all wahs I have owned including an original Thomas.

C

clamdip7714

noisy when on or bypassed?

On, just a tad bit of a hiss. I attribute it to boosting some noise in the line somewhere. Maybe lights or something. Still if I am using it live I don't notice it at all. Its a very musical sounding wah.

sheedbg

I'd also check this out too, no one seems to know him well but I had my vox wah "pimped" after to tallking to him, it's the last wah I will ever buy.

garmopatmods.com

- Chris

mrmega

Gold Supporting Member
For this particular recommendation, the guitar/amp combo is irrelevant. I have only one thing to say.

Teese RMC3

Doodles

If I were you I would do a search on here make a list of manufacturers and check out their websites and soundclips and decide for yourself. Only you know the sound you're looking for. So that's my 2 cents.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom