• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I need to lower my LP pickup

Scott M.

New LP got here the other day. Bridge pickup is way too high - probably only a mm or so below the strings. I tried turning the screws on the side but all that did was make the screws come out - it did nothing for the pickup level. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for a good PAF clone/replica? These seem a little. . . "brittle?"

Thanks much.

Scott

To lower the pickup height, turn the slotted screw (not the 4 phillips head screws) on the pickup ring counter clockwise. This should alter the sound of the pickup, hopefully for the better.

Scott M.

Works fine with the neck pickup but all that happens when I do it with the bridge is that the screws come out. Pickup stays in place. Also, the pickup seems to be angled forward a bit much. . .

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Did you try pushing the pickup down while turning the screw? Or backing the screws out and pushing them down? the pickup might be stuck in the mounting ring. If that doesn't work you'll have to take it out and look underneath.

Pete Galati

Nice Les Paul!

I'd give the Burstbucker pickups a chance. Get them dialed in and they'll sound a lot better.

Trending Topics