• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

I never really liked acoustic guitars

Fowleri

I love the tone from classical guitars. They just sound amazing but never was very fond of the steel string acoustics.

Its just like playing an electric on the clean channel but without good tone. Its loud, obnoxious and lacks refinement. The steel string tone is just awful.

This is why electric guitars sound ok because you’re plugged in, but even if you play unplugged, the lack of hollowness, mellows out the annoying tone and volume the steel strings.

The hollow body of the acoustic just amplifies the harsh tone of the steel strings creating an obnoxious and loud tone. Not to mention, theres no challenge, any moron who plays electric, can play steel string acoustics as the neck and fretboard diameter is very similar and in 90% of cases, is played with a pick

to make matter worse, the use of pick, which most people use to play acoustic, just makes the tone even worse

The classical is the real guitar that started it all with the master Andres Segovia, to him the electric and steel acoustic were abominations which in a way they are.

Before the master, the guitar was considered a cheap peasant instrument and he worked really hard to get the guitar into the classical world, only to later the guitar become again part of folklore, pop, primitive music, etc

This is why if you go to guitar center you will see people touching the acoustics and electric but rarely if never the classicals, they are afraid of it cause they know it aint easy

Last edited:

massacre

Gold Supporting Member
I don’t play acoustic anymore but when I did, I strung them up with electric strings.
Made my playing experience more enjoyable

Fowleri

Now I see everyone all over YouTube especially women obsessed with these Taylor acoustics just because their favorite popstar or country female star uses taylor guitar ay lol

JES1680

Gold Supporting Member
Hard as I tried I never bonded with accoustics. Recently sold my last one a 1941 L37 which I got a smokin deal on and was a great guitar, but I just never played it.

I love the tone from classical guitars. They just sound amazing but never was very fond of the steel string acoustics.

Its just like playing an electric on the clean channel but without good tone. Its loud, obnoxious and lacks refinement. The steel string tone is just awful.

This is why electric guitars sound ok because you’re plugged in, but even if you play unplugged, the lack of hollowness, mellows out the annoying tone and volume the steel strings.

The hollow body of the acoustic just amplifies the harsh tone of the steel strings creating an obnoxious and loud tone. Not to mention, theres no challenge, any moron who plays electric, can play steel string acoustics as the neck and fretboard diameter is very similar and in 90% of cases, is played with a pick

to make matter worse, the use of pick, which most people use to play acoustic, just makes the tone even worse

The classical is the real guitar that started it all with the master Andres Segovia, to him the electric and steel acoustic were abominations which in a way they are.

Before the master, the guitar was considered a cheap peasant instrument and he worked really hard to get the guitar into the classical world, only to later the guitar become again part of folklore, pop, primitive music, etc

This is why if you go to guitar center you will see people touching the acoustics and electric but rarely if never the classicals, they are afraid of it cause they know it aint easy
Thank you for submitting to the forum troll review board. You did an OK job on the condescension, but ultimately things fell a little flat and the rant contained a few too many clichés without any real innovation, and we've had some really strong competitors this year.

Overall score: D-.

I sorta agree.

I play my steel string acoustics finger style and with dead strings.

Wifey got me a used acoustic about 4 years ago. Strings were sorta dead at the time. I haven't changed them yet.

Up until maybe a year ago they were only getting better with age. Now they're starting to sound a bit too dull but I still don't want to change them because of that crap tone you speak of. Maybe I'll just boil them idk...

Weird how some folks like that bright twangy sound and others prefer the more rounded or muffled tone. Makes the world go round.

Not sure if you were trying to troll but it can certainly be interpreted as such. Maybe lighten up a bit if you aren't trolling.

Otherwise, have at it and get your kicks...most ppl will be able to tell.

Peace.

NikkiMac

More sunshine and rainbows from the OP

I play acoustic with the thumb and fingers of my right hand.

Never use a pick.

Love the sound of the instrument....

:)
I do this too!

I play a nice spruce-top steel string acoustic with my fingers and it sounds great. If I really need volume ill sometimes use a pick. Gotta choose the right pick and use a proper attack.

Trending Topics