I never thought I would say this....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vintagecrunch, Jul 25, 2008.

1. vintagecrunch

vintagecrunch Senior Member

I may have fallen out of love with my Fulldrive...:tapedshut

I have had one version or another on my board for 10 years now and ended up with an original orange one. My current is as good as any I have ever heard, but I recently added a BB and OCD and today it hit me like a ton of bricks... everytime I step on this thing I wish I would have hit the BB... I cant take the TS squashed, nasal thing any more! The openness and dynamics of the OCD and the smooth, full and fat tone of the BB just are so much more musical than my FullDrive, in my opinion of course, and both cut through while keeping my lows. With the OCD, BB and FatBoost there isn't a sound my Fulldrive did I cant cover and sound better doing it. Time to retire the Fulldrive to the closet.

There I said it...

2. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Agreed, wait until you try the BB+ though,, you will find more sounds to like!

3. gururyan

gururyan Member

...never did understand the cult following for the FD.

4. kodecar

kodecar Member

BB = Beano Boost?

5. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not :confused: but he's refering to the Xotic Effects BB Preamp if you are wondering.

As for the FD falling out, I understand what you mean. I was once really into the sound of the FD2 and did whatever I could to get my hands on one. But with the thanks to PGS, TGP, and a few other gear-related sites, I was exposed to pedals from catalinbread, Z Vex, Paul C, etc. and just realized that the TS808-type sound just wasn't my thing anymore. I think it also has to do with the constantly evolving shape in music. As bands come out with new music we tend to like different sounds. But it's nothing to be ashamed of...i know plenty of people that moved on from the FD2 trend. Welcome to the club :AOK