I never use the boost side of my TIM, should i downgrade?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by this1smyne, Mar 10, 2008.

1. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

I find myself only using the blue side of my TIM, played with the effects loop a little, but really just use that overdrive channel as my main overdrive, really my main sound. Whats the difference between the tim and timmy? board space is valuable, should i downsize?

2. giggedy

giggedy Member

If space is valuable, and you don't use the effects loop or boost, then why not? Personally, I use the boost side a decent amount, so it's not going anywhere.

3. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

how do you have your boost side EQ'ed? maybe i'm just playing with it badly setup.... for the record i'm running my FD2 before it and using the tim as more of a preamp/boost in itself (the gain and smoothness of the FD into it is very nice, a little more character than my 808 into it) and have the katana after it for solo.... i guess i could just pull the katana and use the boost as the solo?

4. minjason

minjason Member

i say go with the timmy...

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Try it out with an EQ in the loop. It adds a lot of useful sounds if EQ'd right.

6. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Timmy or use a eq in the loop as suggested. I downgraded to the timmy and didnt regret it.

7. sandman

sandman Member

If I had a Timmy I'd be the happiest man(OK guitarplayer) there is...but, I was lucky to get a Tim and wouldn't sacrifice the underappreciated boost channel just like that. Keep the Tim. Get a Timmy too. That's what I'll do when I do the do.

8. Ocean

Ocean Member

Stand pat, man. You'll be glad you've got that boost side at some point down the road. If it's your main OD tone, keep it as is...it's worth an extra inch or two of pedalboard space!

9. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

thanks ocean, after thinking about it, i can always turn the thing sideways: the jacks and power would be top and bottom than, so it wouldn't take up much more horizontal than the Timmy. Thanks for your inputs all!