I noticed that Keeley is doing a Line 6 DL4 mod....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Swampash, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Swampash

Swampash Member

...so, has anyone here had him do it yet? If so, what are your impressions?

It think it may be worth it for solving the "volume drop" issue alone; although there amy be even more "positives".

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Layne-o

Layne-o Silver Supporting Member

Swampash,

I have both the DL-4 and MM-4 mod and recommend it to anyone with those pedals, and/or anyone interested in either. The modifications solve the volume drop. While it is not 100% of your original volume (i.e. unity gain), it does help immensely! Another benefit of the pedal include a higher fidelity sound overall. It's hard to explain, however, my FOH engineer was able to tell the difference between the pedal in its original state and the modified version. As an aside, Keeley does amazing work, is kind, and provides excellent customer service! For what it's worth, you cannot go wrong. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

3. Swampash

Swampash Member

Thanks Layne!

I don't know what made me think that "someone" on TGP *might* have had this done...:p

Keeley mentions a reduction in noise too - was it noticable to you (the reduction I mean)?

Also, did he make it "true bypass" at the same time?...or could he?

4. Layne-o

Swampash,

I failed to mention the noise reduction. It was included as well. I'm not sure about the true bypass as far as with Keeley. I've always had my DL-4 in "true bypass" mode. You should give him a call or shoot an email to him.

Sincerely,

5. Swampash

Swampash Member

I think I'll just have him do it this week....it sounds like a no-brainer. :cool:

6. baald

baald Member

does anyone know what the current cost of the mod is?
    thanks

7. Layne-o

8. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i'd like to see an Echo Park mod where the entire pedal is re-housed with a true bypass switch. The pedal sounds cool but that may be the worst switch I've ever seen.

9. eric-d

eric-d Member

The volume drop does suck on the DL4, but I really wanted to used the Tube Echoplex on it more than anything any it sounds like complete poo-poo... it's all bright and thin sounding... I just use the SS Echoplex setting because it's closer to the original tone, even though it does drop in volume.... That's why I leave it on all the time.... With the EX-1, I have it set on all three channels in the heel position to no echo, and the toe position to the length of delay I want..... I have one set up as a reverb/slap back, the second is a mild delay for solo's and the third is really long delays for the trippy stuff.... on are on the EP-3 setting.... It works for me, I guess.... I'd really like to get ahold of the Fulltone TTE, but it's outta my price range at the moment...