• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I ordered a Timeline, any advice?

cragginshred

In my move away rom using my Fractal Axe Fx in the loop of a Suhr Badger and a stand alone pedal board the Timeline will be the last piece to complete this new rig.

Having said that what are some tips to get up and running with the Timeline? Banking up and down tips (A/B buttons and the same time right)?

Dual delay ala Andy Timmons is one targeted tone -any help attaining that would be great. I believe its just one set at 375 bp and the other at 500.

Also using it as a boost or cutting volume with settings the app is being pushed for tone and may be too loud- tips for this?
Thanks!
Don

Turi

I haven't got any experience with the Timeline, but..

Download and print the full manual.
..this is brilliant advice.

I downloaded (didn't print lol) the Timebender manual last night and learnt a couple of new tricks, along with how certain things worked and what it helped me understand the differences between the delay modes and why they all reacted differently when I altered the delay times.
Very cool and I doubt I'd ever have understood this stuff before reading the manual.

Ugly Bunny

Organize your patches in order of the set; that way you *sort* or workaround the clunkiness of bank changes...

Igotsoul4u

Most of the controls have the same function between modes excluding the filter and grit knobs. The manual is great. I went through it page by page and played with every control. The global controls become obvious but there is a ton of options between all the modes that you simply have to try or else you can miss major features. It takes hours to truly go through the entire pedal but you should like that sort of thing when buying deep multifx pedals. I personally love the endless tweaking and after 6 months I can create sounds quickly on the fly.

rendall

I just got a timeline too. I had been scrolling throught the manual over the weekend, but it doesn't mention if the user can duplicate settings from A - B, or from one bank to another.

Right now it takes me a bit of work to set the knobs at the correct positions to the patch to be duplicated and to ensure the other parameter values are the same.

Any input on this is appreciated!

7thString

I just got a timeline too. I had been scrolling throught the manual over the weekend, but it doesn't mention if the user can duplicate settings from A - B, or from one bank to another.

Right now it takes me a bit of work to set the knobs at the correct positions to the patch to be duplicated and to ensure the other parameter values are the same.

Pretty sure you can do this. The info may be in the mobius manual.
To the OP, have fun and don't get overwhelmed! Make 3-4 nice patches and name them something meaningful and enjoy it! So many people flip timelines after they get sick of too many options etc. Such a cool pedal, I've had two and would still have one if I weren't committed to a H9

MogwaiBoy

375ms + 500ms sounds like a straight up dotted 8th. You can certainly do that in Dual mode. Then you can tap tempo to any other tempo and still stay dotted 8th. If you run stereo outputs you'll get 375ms on one amp and 500ms on the other, for a wicked stereo pattern effect.

TimeLine <3

afterosmosis

Pretty sure you just select the preset slot you want to use when doing the save operation.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
For simpler gigs, I set up general delay sounds in banks (tape, dotted, slap, etc) and set patch A for unity and patch B for boosted volume. This reduced the need for a dedicated clean boost.

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
Return it for Diamond delays :)

I'm not trolling I promise :) but I have owned the TL a couple times and I always came back to the Diamonds.

If not then getting a midi controller to make banking easier is a good choice, disaster area or Strymon has a nice option too.

slap_back05

Best tips IMO would be:

Buy a MIDI controller and be done with it. You're gonna get one eventually to actually be able to use the damn thing.

Join the Dropbox folder for Timeline presets.