1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

i pick guitars like i pick WOMEN... first with my eyes, then...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SW33THAND5, May 18, 2011.

1. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

#1 first i look at them and see if i am visually attracted to them. if not, i will not even give them a chance to see how they play

#2 then i take them for a test drive. see what kind of groove they have and how they feel in my SW33THAND5

#3 if they are really special, and i fall in love, we will marry or have a long term relationship.

[​IMG]

2. fritferret

fritferret Member

thank god you don't pick them with your hands first! pro'ly end up on one of those sec offender lists and how embarrassing would that be?

3. wayben

wayben Member

Life's to short to play an ugly guitar!!

Wayne

4. Tidewater Custom Shop

Tidewater Custom Shop Performance Enhancing Guitarworks Supporting Member

Good analogy.

But don't forget that beautiful guitars can be real bitches to play, and the plain ones can be beautiful on the inside and make sweet music.

5. alberob

alberob Member

"Guitars are like women,Regardless of their beauty if they don't feel good in the dark with your eyes closed, it was not meant to be" My 2 cents ;)

6. VicAjax

VicAjax Male Supermodel

i also pick up guitars like i pick up my women.

i just sit in the corner, licking my eyebrows.

7. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

Yeah, first we're wow by their appearance, then the sweet sweet sound will get to us, then we'll brag to everybody about our amazing catch - eventually they all end up in the emporium

Actually at this point the overriding priority is a bright and well balanced sound - if that's not there, then feel and looks doesn't really matter

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  8. supa-fuzz

supa-fuzz Member

Never get sick of these two!

[​IMG]

9. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

I'm in Los Angeles. TONS of beautiful women out here. We have to go about it a whole 'nother way.

First is an exchange of medical records (including any plastic surgeries or gender modifications) with an authenticated birth certificate and a recent blood test.

Second is a background check with emphasis on the number of restraining orders placed against them, number of times in rehab or police incarceration, etc.

Third is an exchange of financials. Any "branding" issues (see my extensive review of the requirements for dating Kim Kardashian) must be resolved, including interviews and appearances as required, including behavior with TMZ personnel.

And finally, a list of references from previous partners, citing personal issues such as sex and laundry habits (see information on *anyone* named Jessica), as well as any available sex tapes that have not YET been published.

Then and only then, can the mating dance begin. The savvy will bring their laptops, iPads and/or personal assistants with them to club or major award events.

10. Ciroxin

Ciroxin Member

I usually pick my guitars like you do.

However, I have made an exception recently. The best luthier in my part of world has decided to sell me one of his personal guitars?! No one believed he would ever do such a thing because he treats them like his babies. Ordering an instrument from him is a pretty stretched option since he takes at least two years to make one and he will accept only the orders that he finds interesting. He is a modern alchemist of guitar building.

The ONLY problem with this guitar is that it is not visually impressive. Jazzmaster with poplar body with very narrow two tone sunburst. I mean... it is borderline ugly. The wide nut neck is beautiful though, flame maple with brazilian rosewood fretboard.

Still, the thing is absolutely amazing. The guitar has such a beautiful and defined, long resonating voice that I was literally stunned. Giving him the instrument back for repaint job is out of the question. It has been recorded that people have been waiting for a year to get guitar repainted by him. Crazy.

11. Sandy Cheeks

Sandy Cheeks Senior Member

Treat her right and she'll be your lady. Slap her around and she's your dirty girl.

12. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Member

As long as you don't keep you Women in flat boxes under your bed.

13. tbonesullivan

tbonesullivan Member

Kinda funny really: the one guitar that I lusted after for so many years and looks awesome is also the most annoying to play standing up due to the neck heaviness.

Yes, I am talking about my SG supreme. I really need to get those ebony grover buttons to see if that will help the neck dive at all.

14. Sandy Cheeks

I have to admit, I have a weakness for blondes:

[​IMG]

15. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

>>As long as you don't keep you Women in flat boxes under your bed.<<

The general exception to this rule is that it's OK keep women in boxes under your bed if they happen to be vampires.

But then, most likely, you'd be in a box, too...

16. V-man

V-man Member

I do too!

I select first with my eyes, considering only those that make others jealous

Then I immediately court them, formalities be damned.

Then I find out all the shortcomings and disappointments, but I think I can fix her if I just hang in there and tinker.

And when that fails or I don't have time/money to throw at the problem, I content myself by sleeping around with another dozen or so. ;)

:facepalm

17. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Member

I am delighted to hear I am not the only one! Those Heritage owners always give me crap for caring what they look like!

18. cutaway

cutaway Supporting Member

women folk get real mad if you sit them on your lap and grab their g-string--especially in front of crowded bar. :(

19. Sandy Cheeks

Some say it ain't what they look like, just how sweet the action is.

20. jamdogg

jamdogg Member

is that a strat?