I played in my high school's battle of the bands over the weekend...

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
... and I'm almost 56 years old!

The band consists of HS teachers on drums, bass, and vocals. Assistant principal on rhythm guitar. Me on lead. I'm a board of ed member.

We only had two rehearsals and no opportunity for sound check, so I guessed on volume (as did the rest of the band). Unfortunately the bass amp didn't have enough volume in it. Will have to fix it next year.

Came out OK in light of limited practice time. A few f'd up notes on my end and a little missed time b/t singer and us.

Gear: Blueverb 6v6 1x12 combo; Bacchus strat, Fulltone Plimsoul and Mosfet pedals in series.

Tons of fun. The drummer had so much fun she's already emailing the rest of us song suggestions for next year.

ledfut80

Tons of fun! I'll be doing something similar this September. It's a 'high school band reunion' for the bands that were together in the late 60's.

levous

That was awesome! Next year, you should come out in full makeup and 80's hair and show them whipper snappers how to head bang

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
I had never heard of the Dropkick Murpheys until two weeks ago. We also played Black/Pearl Jam, Jumper/Third Eye Blind, and Machinehead/Bush.

Trending Topics