I played the Komet 19 today.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MBreinin, Sep 24, 2008.

1. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

....I stopped by to see Hogy about a trade for a Marshall and had to check out the new mini-monster. I didn't play it that much (maybe 15 minutes), but I will say that you folks that have ordered one and are waiting patiently are going to be THRILLED. One chord says it all, and it passed the "Tush Test" with flying colors. I really don't like EL84 amps, but this one could change my mind for sure. Awesome dynamics, amazing crunch, beautiful harmonic overtones. Clean to mean, this little bugger has it. I tried to take it home with me, but Hogy was having none of if. :rotflmao

Hogy commented that he thought it sounded better than the '68 Plexi I was there to check out. He may well have been right.

I was VERY impressed. Maybe Hogy will let me take the Proto home for a weekend? :dude

Mike

2. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

Hogy and Mike are OK after the bad weather going through the region in the last few weeks?

3. MBreinin

I know Hogy had some damage to his house, I came out fine, thankfully. The shop was fine.

Mike

4. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

5. Glide

Glide Member

Did you get any photos of the 68 you can post??

6. JakeELee

JakeELee Member

:drool :bow

I don't know about the "waiting patiently" part. I'm excited and doing the best I can, though.

Thanks for providing the temporary fix.

7. MBreinin

Oh, I can take some pictures...it is at my house. May be a permanent member of the family, or only a temporary guest. Depends on Hogy. It IS a sweet little amp though.

Mike

8. Glide

Glide Member

9. MBreinin

Yes, I have never experienced such a dynamic amp. I guess the closest would be the Two Rock Ruby I had in terms of clean to mean capabilities. However, you had to use the volume with the TR, with the Marshall it can all be done simply with picking dynamics. That blew me away.