I pulled the trigger

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Plague Dog, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

and bought the Variax JTV 69, a used one showed up on ebay for $650, Now I guess I can get rid of about 9 guitars, and a couple amps.

Firehawk + JTV69 + Alto TX12 isn't exactly a dreamrig but hopefully it will simplify my rig and set up.

2. randombastage

randombastage Member

I love mine, hardly ever use the Variax functionality and still play it regularly as one of my top 3

3. dmock66

dmock66 Member

That sounds like an incredibly flexible, powerful and compact rig - ENJOY!

4. colonoscopotamus

colonoscopotamus Member

I'm getting so many awesome tones out of the variax/hd500 setup - take the time to play with the hd variax editor and really dial in your ideal guitar tones, you'll be amazed how good you can get it to sound.
    One thing I'd suggest trying - I see a lot of people normalizing the volumes of the different guitar models. However, I'm getting some really satisfying results from leaving the volume differences in place and creating a custom bank with quiter guitars in some positions and louder guitars in others. Using this bank, I can go from squeaky clean to fully distorted lead tones, all by just using my pickup selector and volume knob - I don't have to change anything on the hd500, and I have way more range than I ever got from a single normal guitar.

5. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

They are a ton of fun... enjoy it!!! I liked editing the models & coming up with a custom danelectro model as well as a sitar with doubled strings!!! FUN STUFF!!!

6. Jdstrat

Jdstrat Supporting Member

You're gonna love it. If you want to take advantage of the noiseless spank model, I suggest you change to the masonite body in Workbench. Really adds character to the model, IMHO.