I saw Joe Bonanmassa last night...

...and even though I had a slightly elevated position, I wasn't quite close enough to make out his pedals.

It looked like a fairly modest board: maybe 5 or 6 pedals plus a wah. One was a flanger, hard to discern the rest.

EDIT: I just found this photo of his board from late 2010 - last night was probably very similar to this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12559573@N02/5015332183/in/set-72157625013270876/

I could certainly make out the green of the Tube Screamer, not so sure about the copper Fuzz Face.

vintagedeluxe

i believe that pic is his black country communion board as hes only running (by the looks of the amp selector) 2 amps and not the usual 4.

i believe that pic is his black country communion board as hes only running (by the looks of the amp selector) 2 amps and not the usual 4.
Yes, there were 2 x Marshalls, each with 2 x quad boxes. Not sure what model as I can't identify Marshalls from a distance (or up close!...my amp is a Fender).

Here's the Theramin board- same gig (I got the royal tour as had my JBLP signed that day!)
That's the one, complete with a volume pedal I think. Only difference last night was that those two pedals were just on the stage, no board as such.

dudelove

I was pretty close to the stage (about 7th row I think) when Joe Bonamassa played in Singapore. I couldn't tell what pedals he was using except for the plain obvious ones like his fuzz face and wah. Saw a number of blinking lights. Anyone knows what those could be?

coolhand78

I saw him on sat nite (21/5/11) he had a jimi hendrix wah, ts808 (same as in photo) DD3, G-Lab Chorus, Bonamassa fuzzface, whirlwind selector and maybe the micro flanger - couldnt that one from where i was...

IRG

So....how was the show? He's coming to my little town in November, really psyched to see him.

Funny how he's one of the great guitarists alive right now, and most of us have pricier and/or more complicated boards than he does. Of course when it comes to guitars and amps, there isn't much comparison probably. But I still find it ironic.

Strat

Supporting Member
yes ? and perhaps there's a lesson there ?

So....how was the show? He's coming to my little town in November, really psyched to see him.

Funny how he's one of the great guitarists alive right now, and most of us have pricier and/or more complicated boards than he does. Of course when it comes to guitars and amps, there isn't much comparison probably. But I still find it ironic.

fabulusfab777

Supporting Member

Totally agree, but also keep in mind a lot of guys here are playing in cover bands and need more pedals to accomplish more types of sounds, where Joe plays mostly HIS songs and also have HIS sound (tone).

Still agree that it shows what is important in a rig and what's not as much...

gtrdaddy

Hey guys, Joe is playing a G-Lab SD-1 delay, a G-Lab DR-3 reverb, and using a G-Lab PB-1 power supply om that board. He also uses our Palmer PDI-03 speaker sims, he has four of them in his rack.

Trending Topics