• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

I still have doubts about my guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-335

Learn to adjust yourself and don’t be afraid of it. It may need a little adjustment here and there, tearing stuff up is learning experience. Have you been trying different strings? Or been changing them from different brands? I recently used Ernie ball Reinforced and was really surprised at how “more” stable and solid they feel to other ones. I had an RG7 with locking trem for a long time and I adjusted that some-gun all the time. I also had a block to stick in there from time to time to not have to deal with it.

OM Flyer

I read of people with Floyds whose trems never go out of tune regardless of what they do, so why mine does?
People say all kinds of things. The Internet is the home of hyperbole.

I keep reading of people who say their Floyds never go out of tune regardless of what they do, even after weeks, how can this be possible?

other people here claim that their floyds never go out of tune for weeks regardless of what they do?

but don't people say that hardtails have worse tuning stability than doble locking trem?

I think I'll have the guy install a trem stabilizer
Great idea! You should definitely throw more money at it! Just think -- if you get a stabilizer and the Sustainiac you started 12 threads about, you can turn your $500 "problem guitar" into a $1500 "problem guitar"! Imagine the hundreds of threads you can start then!

Fowleri

Great idea! You should definitely throw more money at it! Just think -- if you get a stabilizer and the Sustainiac you started 12 threads about, you can turn your $500 "problem guitar" into a $1500 "problem guitar"! Imagine the hundreds of threads you can start then!
a stabilizer is like 30 bucks and the sustainiac with install maybe like $500

Alan Dunn

I have a Schecter Sun Valley Shredder with a FR Special on it. Holds tune magnificently even with rigorous dive bombing.
But I tune it first every time before I play it. It's ridiculous to expect any guitar to hold tune for more than a set let alone a few days.
Strings stretch / wear, conditions change.......

Tune up each time you play and enjoy your guitar.

Fowleri

I have a Schecter Sun Valley Shredder with a FR Special on it. Holds tune magnificently even with rigorous dive bombing.
But I tune it first every time before I play it. It's ridiculous to expect any guitar to hold tune for more than a set let alone a few days.
Strings stretch / wear, conditions change.......

Tune up each time you play and enjoy your guitar.
i was going to buy that guitar for the sustainer but dont like active pickups

Alan Dunn

i was going to buy that guitar for the sustainer but dont like active pickups
Neither did I but the EMG's in the Schecter have changed my mind.
They are horrible through a clean amp - but when you hit the drive / distortion they are magnificent.

So definitely a one trick pickup and best suited to the heavy stuff more so than clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics