"I Still Love You BT(D'Lite 44 "ODE"/ Mesa BS (EV)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Texsunburst59, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Here's a BT that's been around a while,but it's one of my favorite laid back BT's. It's a Jeff Learman composition. Here's the link:

I Still Love You BT:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=5771636

I did a clip with my D'Lite 44 w/ overdrive and Pre-Boost engaged. I ran this set up through my Mesa Black Shadow (EV). This speaker is very clean and doesn't color the tone very much. It's in one of my MKIIC+ combos right now,but I'm thinking of putting it in my 1x12 Mesa openback cab. Anyway here's a clip over this backing.

My Take over backer:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=6411222

2. Ed Alvarado

Ed Alvarado Member

Sweet as ever Bro! Thanks for the BT!

3. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

Nice sounds with the pre-boost engaged. Smooth and silky Nice expressive playing as well.

4. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Thanks Ed. Hey, I'm still waiting for you soundclip debut. I'm sure your D'Lite will sound sweet. :D

Thanks JGP. Yea I'm finding that I'm liking the overdrive/pre-boost more than the overdrive/mid-boost. The overdrive is smoother and more balanced sounding to my ears. I'm still exploring the the tones,but I'm really liking the tones I'm getting.:D

5. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

Nice tone; what guitar?

6. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good one

7. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Nice one Tex....... I had a listen to your pass a couple of times and I think thats the road I would have taken then I kept on hearing in my head FZ doing really fast out bursts of notes ala "Nanook Rubs It" from his Apostrophe album.!!! Can anybody here play like that ? if so why not give it a go. :AOK

8. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Thanks. I used my PRS SE loaded with a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 Hum. in the bridge. It's a very hot pickup, and it wants to sing when you push it.

Thanks BM.

Thanks Bub. You know if I COULD play or even comprehend the FZ type stuff,I might attempt it.Most of the FZ stuff I so cool an original but a little over my head. Frank's stuff is a lot like John C's Hectic Watermelon guitar work. They are both amazing guitar players,but I just have to stand back and admire. I couldn't go down either road even if I tried. Just like your playing Bub, I just gotta listen and enjoy the ride.:)

9. sokinwet

sokinwet Member

Here's a "too long" version of said tune when it made it's way around the LPF a year ago. Have mercy..it's one pass through with no editing...after coming out of a 20 year retirement. Mesa Boogie Mark 1 "clean" though a 12" Oxford in an open cab and 68 Les Paul conversion with early t-top humbuckers neck pup. Grab some fry's and a beer..clams provided!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=640609&songID=5679088

10. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Nice Sokin. I had my beer, fries and red sauce dip ready for them clams. I guess I can't hear jazzy clams.Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the next clam bake. Nice cleanly picked smooth jazzy lines. :AOK

11. Secret Ingredient

Secret Ingredient Member

12. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Again, a nice cut Tex - sweet.

Pre- Boost ? Curious about what that is. It's not like a tonestack drop is it?

13. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Thanks Woody. It's a Pre Amp Boost. I think some of the other D'clone amps have these. I got this of the Brown Note website:

Pre Amp Boost
    The foot-switch-able PAB feature (Pre Amp Boost) defeats the tone stack, increasing the pre amp signal and producing a distinct volume and EQ boost.:D

14. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Ah yes,

Sounds like it's a tonestack drop like on the TR's. Cheers for that tex

15. marinblues

marinblues Member

16. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Thanks Marin. I'm really getting into all the killer tones I can get from this amp. I'm very happy with it. By the way, this clip just confirms how much I love the tones you get with your Tokai 335. This clip isn't with your Overtone amp is it? My hands down favorite tones of yours are the ones you get with the 335 and Overtone. :)