i think i have a problem... the picture is proof

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by boldaslove1977, May 8, 2008.

1. boldaslove1977

boldaslove1977 Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]

a girl i know just sent me this picture from my last acoustic gig. yes... all that... for an acoustic gig. she actually asked me while i was playing... "what's the deal with all these foot pedal things? what do they do?" and the caption in her online photo album is "the pedals are the real star." it's bad when someone who knows nothing about nothing when it comes to guitar... is calling you out. the sad part is... i actually make use of all of them.

for the record... the pedal you can't see because i'm stepping on it... is a keeley-modded boss tremolo. had to say that.

2. Kappy

Kappy Member

I think the red shoe is the real star, but I'm fruity that way. ;)

3. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

Stop being an ass and worrying what other people think.

4. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

I feel for you. Just tell her that the more pedals a guy has the more manly he is.

Hopefully she doesn't know what other guitar players think about guys with 50+ pedals.

But if she does know a lot about guitar, then she's a keeper.

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Tell her to get pictures of YOU next time! :D

6. boldaslove1977

nobody ever said i was worried... i think it's hilarious. i thought you all would too.

oh... and she got some pictures of me... but i don't need you making fun of my guitar faces... especially when i'm trying to play and sing at the same time....

7. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

have you screwed her yet?

8. zygoat

zygoat Supporting Member

^ exactly. she totally wants you.

9. mbetter

mbetter Member

Except for this guy who thinks you're being an ass. Worry about that still. ;)

10. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Any girl who would bother to take pictures of your foot on a pedal definitely wants you! Get on it my brotha!:BEER

11. boldaslove1977

funny.. but there will be none of that. she is someone i work with who was there with her boyfriend. on top of that, she's not my type at all.

thank you for the compliment on the board. this is the only gig i'm doing... so i bring as many toys as i can fit!

as for the pog... it is very touchy with this setup. it sounds great with an acoustic through an amp when i'm at home. but when i have to go direct into a board, it starts to sound kind of tinny. you have to drop the LP filter slider down really low to get a usable sound. and you also have to go easy on the low octave and the highest octave. i think some of it also has to do with the sound system at the bar-- which is really set up for a dj.

i do love the sounds it makes though... it's a very very cool pedal.

12. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

If she feels she is being upstaged by the pedal board she needs to take her clothes off. simple.

13. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

i dont think she wants you..........................

she wants to sleep with your board !!!:banana

14. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

If you play solo like I do, then I suspect that you could make do with even more.
    try a boomerang sampler for vocals and midi controled rack stuff for multi-layering, not to mention a rather usefull Roland GR20 and a digitech vocalist for real harmonies.
    That's what I take out with me. For SOLO acoustic gigs.
    Thick bastards laugh and take pictures of my setup with their mobiles, but then again, I'm the one up there playing, it's my gig, they came to see me and my machines. And what's more, I get payed (well) for it.
    Keep it up, and try to get at least 20 pics per show out of the dissers.

15. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

did you get her number?

16. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

If you can start switching the pedals with something other than your foot she'll stop thinking about the pedals.:D

17. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

next time tell her the real star is the "megatron overdrive" in your pants, ask if she wants to actuate it???

18. dougb415

dougb415 Member

I think she has a red show fetish. Make it work for you.

19. zaireeka

zaireeka Member

I hope this was aimed at the 'Keeley.. had to say that' part. 'Transparent bass boost' blue LED mods = :messedup

20. Judson

Judson Senior Member

I agree with most, make her eat it.

But I feel most of the time my trio always has way too much stuff on stage. The drummer has some electric drums throughout his kit with effects and an amp for that, the bassist has a pealboard and a synth. Ive got the most with at least two keys (usually a Juno and combo organ), pedalboard, guitar, amp, and noisemakers (diy synths, bent casio...). Then in front of the stage we have a mixer with effects (we use a digi vocalist too) and a sampler we do while we sing/play. On top of that we have two strobe lights, a projector hooked up to a laptop in the crowd, and other lights going to the music with a hazer. It looks bad ass when we play in little indie clubs but when we play at bars we tone it down to just the projector. Thats A LOT of moving and setting up we have to do, and we aren't a christian band if you know what I mean, so set up can be clumsy some times and a lot of my gear has gotten some good 'relic' marks this past year with these guys. Thank god for friends though, they make it all worth it when we play and help us out with the gear since most at least play guitar if not record their own music too. In the end when we get home from a show it is totally worth it when we see the living room filled with all the **** we had taken in from the cars remembering the first three rows (at least) dancing their asses off with the lights, then you look over, oh this girl doesn't live here, must be the gear.