I think I just fell in love with Reamping

ncyankee

Tell me if this ever happens to you: you get a riff or song idea and plug-in. You start working it out but then, instead on concentrating on the structure you think, well what if I stack these distortions or add more delay. Flash forward two hours you have tweaked everything on your board and lost the motivation to follow through on what brought you in there to play in the first place.

So that is just about always my situation.

Tonight I finally started playing with the reamp function on my Torpedo Reload (although I have had the ability for a while on my 11r). Holy crap, is this not the greatest thing for someone like me. I recorded my riff and then tweaked, recorded and then continued. I felt like I accomplished something extra because at least the original idea was recorded. Very cool stuff and I think it will work well for me. Anyone else using reamping?

C741

I think I just fell in love with Reamping
Very cool stuff and I think it will work well for me. Anyone else using reamping?

Me too and yes sir I am, and I agree!! I don't always need it, but it sure is nice to have the option when I do.

the recluse

I reamp all of the guitars and bass when we record. I like to get a useable tone that allows me to play like I need to, then focus on performance so I can deal with the sounds later. I find it's really helpful to work this way too for when i need to double track things. Once I have a good take down for a track I can just port my settings over to another and get a second take while I'm still in the groove.

Lothar34

When I only had a general idea of what Re-amping meant, I thought it would be a rabbit hole that would distract me even more from playing, but it's actually been a blessing and a time saver. If it worked like I had imagined it would- (say, record a track with a Fender model and then change it to a Marshall model if I want) it would be a supreme time sucker, but luckily it does not.

Real quickly in my re-amping experience, I figured out that I don't play the guitar- I play to the sound coming out of the speakers! So, while the gear will absolutely change that DI signal from a Fender to a Marshall tone, the track will sound bad because I would have unconsciously played to that 2nd tone differently if that's what I had started with. Less muting here, more vibrato there, etc. No amount of tweaking can fix that, so I stick with less drastic changes.

But for taking a 'pretty good' tone & being able take it to great-tone-territory very quickly, yes I am in total love with re-amping!

Plus I was just never able to get satisfying "real " mic'd recordings, despite having quality gear. S-Gear was my best (of many) gear purchases last year..Solid tones plus instant re-amping! I finally started auditioning the Bias Desktop demo today too.

DamianL

Yeah it's great for double tracking too..,

Set up a second track of the same basic part, move it backwards or forwards in time by a few clicks, reamp it with a different tone and pan them slightly ... I like this a lot for thickening riffs etc..

shasha

I like it because I have recorded far too many guitar tracks in the past that just don't sit in the mix later on. I can take the dry guitar and create an entirely different patch that sits in the mix better without having to sit there and try to do it while I am playing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom