• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I think I like the MJM London Fuzz...

ford

Modz
Staff member
I'm speaking of the first one with the Germanium stuff in it..... wow the ciips sound fantastic.....

What else is out there like it... in case I find something I like even more...???

rock

bford

VoodooBlues

It's pretty awesome! I've got a custom mini w/bias & less bass more volume mods. I've also got an old style big box regular version in the mail.

The Analogman NKT 275 Sunface is pretty great. It has less gain but cleans up better. It's fatter sounding than my custom mini.

ericd, on this forum, is making his Jezebel fuzzes and i've been intrigued with the possibility of trying one out someday.

loiking

Mine's pretty excellent. It can be a bit dodgy because of the weather etc. and were you put it in the chain, but its definately got some great sounds in it.

drunkenguitar

hack
Silver Supporting Member
I have one of the newer versions. Whats the optimal operating temperature for Germanium based fuzz units?

CocoTone

They don't like warm weather. I have had to put mine in a cooler once at a hot outdoor gig. I will never be without my London DE fuzz. I use it more than any of my OD;s.

CT.

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
They don't like warm weather. I have had to put mine in a cooler once at a hot outdoor gig. I will never be without my London DE fuzz. I use it more than any of my OD;s.

CT.
That's funny I use to put mine in the fridge in the summer before gigs but thought I was the only nut job.:NUTS:D

CocoTone

No, your not alone. I played an outdoor gig once on one of those 100% humidity days, gear in the car for hours. When our slot come up, I pulled the pedalboard out of the car, set the gear up, and when the first solo come up, stepped on the fuzz and...:barfsounded just like that!!!

CT.

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
Love the sound of that pedal! Do you know how it would compare to the Skreddy Lunar Module? Trying to decide between the two.
Never tried the Skreddy, but I'm sure that it's not a Fuzz Face clone like the LF or SF. So you really can't compare them. The LF is just a kick ass Fuzz Face clone with NOS transistors and parts. The LF2 also have a trimmer inside.

huskerjohn

What else is out there like it... in case I find something I like even more...???
bford
I had a MJM London Fuzz and a Hartman NKT275 special edition at one time. I wish i still had them, but they funded something else I needed more.

I thought the Hartman sounded a little better. It did that 60's rock stuff just a little better.

LowWatt

Never tried the Skreddy, but I'm sure that it's not a Fuzz Face clone like the LF or SF. So you really can't compare them. The LF is just a kick ass Fuzz Face clone with NOS transistors and parts. The LF2 also have a trimmer inside.
The Lunar Module is definitely not a clone, but it is based on the silicon fuzz face. Still, there are definitely some significant tweaks to the operation.

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
The Lunar Module is definitely not a clone, but it is based on the silicon fuzz face. Still, there are definitely some significant tweaks to the operation.

ah ok, cool. I'll check it out.

Trending Topics