• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I think I may be running my 5153 head through the wrong cab maybe??

Russ73

I run the 50 watt 6L6 and the LBX through an Orange ob 2x12 and was always satisfied with the tone BUT today at a music store I was demoing a guitar and the same head was sitting atop 2 closed back nonome cabs, larger 1x12s, and I swear it sounded nastier and warmer and fuller even...now I want to replace the Orange OB cab.....ughhh more experimenting.....lol

Baelzebeard

Closed back cabs will definitely sound different than open back, all other things being equal.

If that's a difference that you like, then it might be time to go cab shopping.

Zado

Closed back will always sound fuller and tighter in lower mids. Way more directional also.

Axe-Man

Maybe try a piece of wood in the back to close it up. See what you think anyway. It will make the amp much tighter and punchier. OB cabs do have their charm though especially for home IMPO.

Trending Topics