• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I think I need a feedback looper

buzzp

I want to be able to do foot-switchable oscillation with my diamond MLjr like I could when I had a strymon El Cap. What should I get?

mcnabbanov

the boss super feedbacker?

or another El Cap or similar delay with preset. with the el cap you just had a preset set to instant oscillation or am i missing something?

buzzp

the boss super feedbacker? or another El Cap or similar delay with preset. with the el cap you just had a preset set to instant oscillation or am i missing something?
Well you hold down the tap switch and it does it. I don't want to spend 300 on a pedal just for that function. Thanks tho!

Any other suggestions?

coltonius

Señor Member
Would you recommend any kits? I'd love to build my first pedal.
You can source the parts from mammothelectronics.com or smallbearelec.com based on the diagram provided above. The fb looper was among my first builds- totally crazy sounds available!

mcnabbanov

Awesome, if I want to implement a soft switch.. does that complicate it?
shouldn't no. just buy a fancier soft switch instead of a regular 3pdt. a switch is a switch in terms of wiring.

but if it's that important a feature for you the MLjr isn't really that much better, if any, imo than the El Cap. I prefer the Cap. Sell the MLjr for ~$200, you can find a used el cap for not much more.

buzzp

Well - I prefer the sound of the MLjr that much more but I've never had them both at the same time to figure it out.

buzzp

Ill check that out, any other suggestions? I've emailed Diamond as well to see what they can come up with.

buzzp

So Diamond finally emailed me back and this was their response:

Hi Sean, thanks for your email. We actually designed the MLN-Jr to not oscillate as the oscillation doesn’t sound good with this particular circuit as compared to a real analog delay. However a feedback looper should achieve what you are looking for, unfortunately I’m not really familiar with the various options so I wouldn’t really be able to make a recommendation. Sorry!
Regards,
Aimish

Trending Topics

Top Bottom