i think i want a jerry jones, do I?

gravy

most guitars have lost character to me visually and soundwise. been on an amp kick. thinking out of the box has led me to a jerry jones jones. even wonderin @ a reverend. the JJ site has a neptune model listed,.. anyone?
guess i`ll check the emporium- :rolleyes:

KRosser

Yup. You want one.

OK, I don't know what you really want, but I love them...

I own four; I have not ruled out the possibility of a fifth. Or sixth.

MrMunky

Gold Supporting Member
I have two of them. Outstanding guitars. They, of course, have a classic "cheap" design that doesn't require any fancy figured expensive woods or anything. That lends itself to a particularly nice tone if you ask me. Aside from the lack of fancy woods, the construction, design, hardware, electronics, fret & nut work, finishing and setup are on par with $2000+ "boutique" "custom shop" guitars. They're great. I have a sitar and a Dano U2 style. I have my eyes open for a JJ short scale bass.

chaz

Great value for the $$'s especially used. Excellent playability (factory Plekked), great stock pu's, and they are kind of unique.

dorfmeister

Anybody compare a Jerry Jones with the Eastwood Airline Tuxedo? They seem like they might have some similarities.

Fred_C

If you have to ask, then yes, you want one.

I'd like a JJ baritone but am OK with my dano baritone for how little I play it. I like my JJ longhorn bass, only complaint is lack of a tone pot.

DrJamie

A dozen years back, I plugged a JJ into a Matchless DC 30, and I heard the tone. Settled on a Chieftain, but have several JJ's. ALways get great compliments on my tone. Rings like a bell, and then some.

Trending Topics