I think I'm done...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by GAD, Feb 28, 2009.

1. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub

I just ordered a Guild Starfire IV:

[​IMG]

I've been hunting for one for a long, long time. I finally had the resources to get one. A few other guitars got in the way first. Like a Strat, Tele, LP and some others. :)

I find myself with eight guitars. I have one of each type I need:

Acoustic - Taylor
    Les Paul - R9
    Strat - 08 Am Dlx
    Tele - 08 Am
    Shredder - Jackson SL2H
    Hollowbody - Guild X-170
    Semi-Hollow - this Guild SF4
    Guild S300AD solidbody - Need it for personal reasons. :)

I'm done for a while. Sure I would love to have an acoustic electric, and a campfire acoustic, and a Gretsch, and a pile of other stuff. For now though, I'm done I think. I don't feel the NEED for another guitar.

I have to say I feel a little lost. I've been searching for a couple of these Guild models for literally years, and I now I have them. I'm not hunting anymore. Maybe now I can get on with my life. Problem is I keep tripping over guitar cases! :RoCkIn

GAD

2. XKnight

XKnight Member

That's a great looking Guild.

I tell myself I'm done every month and then somehow I keep seeing other guitars that I want.

3. tbp0701

tbp0701 Member

Congratulations. That's beautiful.
    But what about amps?

4. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub

Well, I was saving for a Mesa Mark V. That's where the money for the SF4 came from. :)

I have a Dr. Z Maz 38 Sr., a Peavey JSX combo and a Roland Micro Cube for fun. I don't have room for all this crap, er stuff. I go back and forth on the Mesa. We'll see.

GAD

5. omni

omni Member

Beauty, hard to get to them upper frets though, therefore you are not done.

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Nice!

I'd love one of those. There was one in the Emporium in Dec. at a great price and I had the money but job uncertainty made me back off.

As for the upper fret issue, it's only a detriment if you let it be. Larry Carlton, BB King, Freddie King and many others did quite well with that body style.

7. Aslan

Aslan Silver Supporting Member

Do you know how many times I've told my wife that I'm finally happy with my guitars and won't be getting any more??????

I think everyone on the gear page has serious denial issues!!!! LOL

8. Lampasas

Lampasas Member

I've got the same guitar, same finish. A killer guitar for sure. Shame they're no longer being made.

9. roomservice

roomservice Member

Nice one old chap - looks fab and its cool to see you getting what you've been searching for too.

I'm sure something will crop up to whet your appetite in the next few months though :)

10. rycher

rycher Member

My wife use to tell me I had a disorder because of all the trading, acquiring, ect. I now realize that she is right, everytime I say I'm done I come here and the GAS is back at obnoxious levels. It's a disease and I'm a sick bastard!!

11. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    You are NOT done until you buy my 57 BB 3 pup Custom and the Martin HD28V :mad:

Actually, even if you don't buy mine, you're not even close to being done until you own a Les Paul Custom - the most POWERFUL guitar in the world! :love:

12. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

That's a beautiful SF. I've been wanting a guild for years now. If I didn't already have a sweet 335 I'd be after one of the SFIVs no doubt at all. Excellent instruments.

13. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

For the life of me, I don't know how any player can get along without at least one P-90 equipped guitar! [​IMG] There, now you can resume the hunt. BTW....VERY nice Guild!

14. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

NIce guitar!

But you're not done til you have three of each--plus the aforementioned P90 guitar(s)