I think I'm outta control!!!

fracs

Alright, well maybe not as out of control as some but way out there for my usual self. So about 3 months ago I felt the urge to buy a new guitar. I really wanted a prs Santana. I usually allow myself one purchase a year. So I look and look and find a just beautiful Santana so I buy it.

So now I get on this site and after looking through the Emporium I run across this beauty and well it was too nice to pass up!

Well so after watching Heritage's auction I just pulled the trigger on a 74 Les Paul goldtop. All original except the Tone pot and switch tip. It does have a repaired neck crack but at the price it went for I couldnt pass it up. I'll post pics once I get it. The weird thing is I go from buyers remorse to being a giddy little kid! My wife just looked at me and said " another...really?" So when is enough enough???

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
Well, just a tele in there and it's a nice set up worth of guitars! I'm assuming you already have a few others though.

In the end, the 2 I see are beautiful (congrats btw ;) ) and passing on a bargain like the Goldtop can be, in the long run, more remorseful. It's always nice to be able to snap up something like each of these when they come along and sometimes they just come in bunches like this!

mikee1

Yeah, i would have been angry with myself if i would have passed either of the piictured up as well. That color on the prs is beautiful!!! Im loosely in the market for a strat like that as well. Ive just gotta sell one more before i start looking hard. I've always loved goldtops too. The only paul i would ever buy i think. Ive got one thats all black, every last piece, down to the strings and i love it but i think i like the gold a lil better

XKnight

As long as you have the cash and it's not taking money away from other needed things then all is well. However, if you're going into debt buying gear and aren't a pro musician then you have a problem.

fracs

^ Nah, My guitar habit is taken care of with side work money so theres never a conflict with paying the bills. I'm actually dying to get this guitar in my hands.

oldschoolguy

you've seen some of the photos on the "show me your gear room" thread, haven't you? Some people have fifty of the same make of guitar only different colors. Show these to your wife. I do. My collecting becomes mild compared to these guys and I've got a bunch.

jamdogg

Including the Les Paul that makes it 7
Prs 513
Prs Cu 24
Prs Santana
08 CS Strat
Ibanez swirled 540s
'74 Les Paul Goldtop
Breedlove Atlas acoustic
Well you are still in the single digits. Maybe consider a 1 in 1 out policy. I have 4 including acoustic, but i still have n empty LP case. :facepalm

janosfia

Including the Les Paul that makes it 7
Prs 513
Prs Cu 24
Prs Santana
08 CS Strat
Ibanez swirled 540s
'74 Les Paul Goldtop
Breedlove Atlas acoustic
Around here, that count is on the lower end. Very good selection, though.

echos

I offer to you the guitarist prayer.....

Dear God,
Grant me the serenity to admire the guitars I cannot afford. The Courage to buy the guitars I can And the Wisdom to know the difference

hey and all you really need is "just one more"......right!

fracs

I offer to you the guitarist prayer.....

Dear God,
Grant me the serenity to admire the guitars I cannot afford. The Courage to buy the guitars I can And the Wisdom to know the difference

hey and all you really need is "just one more"......right!

AMEN!!!

Like I said earlier My collection is not vast but for me one a year is about the limit I try to stick with. Lately my musical taste has changed a bit so thats the reason my gas is so bad. (hahaha That still doesnt get old to me) I've sold a few recently and the wife thought I was just downsizing. Little does she know, Now its on to a hollowbody!!!

stevieboy

Halfvaxed member
Gold Supporting Member
I have quite a few guitars, but I don't think I'm out of control.

I know I'm out of control.

Trending Topics