I think I've got issues...relics make me angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningman

I realize this is utterly irrational, but whenever I see a relic for sale, I feel a twinge of anger.

I try to tell myself that this feeling is unwarranted, and that people can spend their money any way they wish, and 'live and let live' and all that, but I can't help it. It just seems so phony to me, and phoniness gets under my skin like nothing else.

I saw a relic for sale on Craigslist the other day, and the CASE was relic-ed as well. I can understand having a guitar that feels worn in, but the case? really?

Anyway, suggestions for overcoming this affliction would be greatly appreciated.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Supporting Member
Guitars done tastefully I’m cool with. A poly job that went under a power sander, no. Scuffing up a case to look period correct is a little funny but no harm. Intentionally rusting a pedal is just dumb.

we all have our own tolerance levels apparently!

Bossanova

Silver Supporting Member
I realize this is utterly irrational, but whenever I see a relic for sale, I feel a twinge of anger.

I try to tell myself that this feeling is unwarranted, and that people can spend their money any way they wish, and 'live and let live' and all that, but I can't help it. It just seems so phony to me, and phoniness gets under my skin like nothing else.

I saw a relic for sale on Craigslist the other day, and the CASE was relic-ed as well. I can understand having a guitar that feels worn in, but the case? really?

Anyway, suggestions for overcoming this affliction would be greatly appreciated.
Here, I'd focus your anger on the new thing: Masterbuilt aged amps!!

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/amp...-custom-deluxe-reverb-masterbuilt-relic-120v/

MORE ABOUT '64 CUSTOM DELUXE REVERB® MASTERBUILT RELIC®

The impending launch of the hand-wired ’64 Custom Deluxe Reverb amp inspired us to create the ultimate Blackface amplifiers, Masterbuilt by Shawn Greene and Jim Dolmage. Each unique one-of-a-kind piece is crafted from solid pine reclaimed from a 19th century barn in Pennsylvania, with knots and nail holes contributing to the charm and individuality of each piece. This thoroughly seasoned wood is also light and very resonant for astounding tonal response. The amps were painstakingly handcrafted and finished with a Blackface Relic treatment. They are perfectly suited to stage and studio, or to sit proudly in your living room. A chromed Fender Custom Shop badge on the rear panel marks these pieces as the genuine article.

This exclusive Masterbuilt run is limited to only three units globally.

Features Include:
• Hand-wired in Corona, Calif.
• Modified AB763 circuit with BRIGHT and NORMAL channels
• Tube-driven spring reverb and tremolo on both channels
• Fender Vintage Blue tone capacitors
• Four 12AX7 and two 12AT7 preamp tubes
• 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier tube
• Matched pair of 6V6 output tubes
• 20 watts output power
• 12” Celestion® Greenback speaker for punch and tonal character
• Finger-jointed cabinet of reclaimed solid pine barn wood for visual character, increased resonance and light weight
• Lightly aged silver grille cloth
• Chromed Fender Custom Shop rear panel badge
• Footswitch and amp cover included

ifallalot

Supporting Member

Just buy one

Thwap

Gold Supporting Member
I wonder if there's ever been a thread started.

I can't stand shiny guitars, and the guys that play them seem to want to show everyone how much money they have by playing these shiny guitars.
Like they actually MADE them shiny.
No thanks, I'll paint my own, then buff them till they shine.

Guitarworks

Op, it is kinda silly if you ask me. All of my daily drivers have nicks & bumps that got there simply from normal everyday use. It's genuine honest naturally-occurring, natural-looking wear that I never asked for, would never pay extra for, don't regret having witnessed, and the presence of which I don't mind. It was free and my everyday guitars still don't look like a belt sander was taken to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.