I think I've lost all my pedals :(

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DemonOfTheFall, May 17, 2008.

1. DemonOfTheFall

DemonOfTheFall Member

So my friend was helping me move stuff yesterday to my uncle's place and he forgot to check the front of the Home Depot truck before he returned it. My pedals along with a brand new phone were in the same box, which is now missing :(

Home Depot did return one plastic bag with my Deluxe Memory Man in it, but the box is still missing. I'm out a Nokia N95, Timmy, Zendrive, Skreddy Screwdriver and a BYOC delay. I'm still coming to terms with this loss... what a bloody way to start the summer.

The worst bit is that I'm can't search for it myself since I'm now in Santa Clara and my uncle is positive that the box is not at his place. There's the remote possibility that they don't know what they are searching for, but I have to wait 13 weeks before I know for sure. This is just killing me.

Any ideas as to what I can do - the pedals were not insured either. It's not easy to lose a cardboard box around 1.5 foot x 1foot x 0.5 foot is it?

2. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Member

:( I hope they turn up!

3. joel

joel Member

Ultrabummer! If you need something to get you through in the mean time, maybe I can loan you a few boxes. Give me a PM if you like. Good luck! /jd

4. mockoman

mockoman Member

Man,those were some primo pedals,too. I feel your pain.

On the positive side...you get to buy ALL NEW PEDALS!!!

5. DemonOfTheFall

DemonOfTheFall Member

Maybe this is an opportunity to try out some crazy pedals :).
    I'd still like to get the Timmy and Screwdriver back...

6. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

yeah & i'd be calling my # like crazy.

7. Wooley

Wooley Member

Sweet Jesus, man!
    The first thing you should do is drug your friend, chain him up in your basement, and torture him to death over a period of several weeks. I'll be happy to help.
    F*ck, I don't even know what to say. I am genuinely sorry for you.

8. Roodboy

Roodboy Supporting Member

Keep your eye on Ebay to see if someone starts selling them.

9. kimos55

kimos55 Follow your dreams turst your heart Silver Supporting Member

How Could You? Bummer

10. B Bent

B Bent Supporting Member

Dang bro I hate to hear that. What area do I need t go scout out?

j/k

Good luck man.

11. DemonOfTheFall

DemonOfTheFall Member

The worst bit is that the phone did not have a sim card - I loaned it from my school lab to complete a research project over the summer. I'll report it as lost tomorrow and see if the police can locate the phone using the IMEI number. From what I know, the N95 has only a GPS receiver, so there's no chance of tracing the phone accurately.

If anyone in Atlanta finds these pedals at a pawn shop, please let me know. It doesn't help that this friend of mine is a nice bloke and screaming at him for losing my pedals won't make me feel any better.

Thanks for the support folks, this is going to be one long summer. Maybe I'll find the box lying in some obscure corner of the garage when I return :dude

12. drod2045

drod2045 Member

demonofthefall, i just posted a similar story when i lost my gear. the members here are extremely supportive and helpful. I lost my stuff acouple weeks ago and am in the rebuilding process. it was painful in the begining but im quite happy now doing shopping, trial and error and such. its hard at first but once you start to get back on your feet in time, youll be okay. best of luck and I hope everything gets retunred to you!

13. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

i hope all goes well and the thives are caught :BOUNCE

14. bilbal

bilbal Member

I don't get the 13 weeks thing. What's up with that?

I hope it all works out for you and I'm very sorry to hear this.

Bill

15. Free

Free Member

Sorry, buddy. That's gotta hurt. They've got chumps working in those places that don't think twice about getting what extra perks (I.E. stealing things left) they can add to their $8 hour jobs.

16. DemonOfTheFall

DemonOfTheFall Member

Bilbal: I'm a graduate student and I moved to Santa Clara for a 12 week internship (which ends in August), so flying back to Atlanta immediately to search for this stuff is going to be a very expensive proposition (at least 550$ from what I last checked).

drod2045: Sorry to hear about that. The community here is just fantastic and I'm going to slowly piece together my pedal board again.

Free, teleblaster: If the box was actually stolen, I hope the guy who took it is stupid enough to sell it online, I'm keeping an eye on ebay and craigslist.

17. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

Go buy new pedals. That way if you do get your pedals back one day you'll have twice as many pedals. ; )

18. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Member

I actually lol-ed at this. Let me know if you need to borrow some fuzz, though. I've got some to spare.