• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I think my Pathfinder just burned up :(

kstrat62

Earlier today plugged it in, hit the power switch and it made a "groan" and smoke started coming out of it. No luck getting it to power up after a few minutes. Anybody have this happen before?

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
Had something similar happen to a Randall ss, rg75. The lead channel lost volume, smoked, and was never the same again. Luckily, the amp still powered up and made noise on the clean channel. Got donated to a kid learning to play.

Good luck with the PF and let us know if you get it fixed.

Luke V

Silver Supporting Member
The good thing is that you can replace it for about $80. Still a bummer though.

goldtop4g63

The magic is in the smoke.
Yeah but your not supposed to let the magic out.

If its not powering up could be a blown fuse and it sounds like you could have toasted a resistor or some other ss component. That being the source of the smoke. I would open up the amp and look for something burned up and check the fuse.

Cirrus

Same thing happened to mine before Christmas, I'm pretty sure it was the output transistor burning up. So much smoke and it stunk! Was fixed under warranty. Wonder if there's a bad batch out there? Maybe it's linked to them stopping production too, who knows?

lareplus

Don't throw it out they aren't making them any more. You can probably sell it for cheap but better than sitting around being stinky. You get still get them used, so don't despair. .

Top Bottom