• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I think this guy's a good guitarist

scottl

Yeah he plays great. I liked the first 30 seconds or so best.

On another note, how come all these new fangled rock/fusion/jazzy guys use the same tone?? I'd love to hear just one of them use a more organic warmer horn OD.

oldschoolguy

Whenever I see a younger person playing like that I ask myself how is it that he hasn't got his pinkie going for him? He leaves 1/5 of the possibilities on the wayside just trailing along. Somewhere along the way they must have considered it and then discarded it--maybe prematurely (or at least that is my argument). Wouldn't he play all that much faster and with more depth? I'm a first class hacker who will never play to this level but I use my pinkie.

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
I bet it's more just habit carried on from when they were really young, with tiny little fingers. They gradually develop over a long period of time, and old habits die hard. I'm sure people that play this well, have been at it since they were 5 or so years old.

jms6668

His newest vid. One-chord vamp, yes?
Cool. I saw him play in Dresden, Germany when I was on the road. I had a night off and he was playing in a fusion group that night. Really good group, great player and nice guy. Knocked back a few cold-ones afterwards, as expected in Germany :)

Whenever I see a younger person playing like that I ask myself how is it that he hasn't got his pinkie going for him? He leaves 1/5 of the possibilities on the wayside just trailing along. Somewhere along the way they must have considered it and then discarded it--maybe prematurely (or at least that is my argument). Wouldn't he play all that much faster and with more depth? I'm a first class hacker who will never play to this level but I use my pinkie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lgAOgQDgt3E#t=78s

Two demanding licks that necessitate pinky action. Sounds kinda fast, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom