I totally get pedals. It's a big deal !

sahhas

Supporting Member
a classic thread of epic proportions for TGP

i like my pedals...been on a fuzz kick for 11 years....also like creating delay loops...it's fun to modify and mangle sound.

but i can see people who don't care about it....everyone is different, we don't have to try to put the square pegs in the round holes or vice versa......

I’ve really gotten over pedals. I can’t keep up with this craze of boutique pedals that make you sound like everything but your guitar. I can’t get my head around it. So you don’t want to play a guitar properly so you buy a box that makes it sound like an algorithm, like you just fired up your computer and you can spend the night staring at your f*ckin’ shoes? C’mon man…

I know I’ll get sh*t for saying this, but it’s f*cking lazy. It’s insulting to people who spent 35 years playing and learning, like a lot of players. And we continue to work at it! These guys can barely play a chord but call themselves soundscapists. Get the f*ck outta here! It’s b*llshit. There’s so much masking and spin going on there. Can we get real for a minute? What do you actually play? Pick up an acoustic guitar… try that!

I’ve really gotten over pedals. I can’t keep up with this craze of boutique pedals that make you sound like everything but your guitar. I can’t get my head around it. So you don’t want to play a guitar properly so you buy a box that makes it sound like an algorithm, like you just fired up your computer and you can spend the night staring at your f*ckin’ shoes? C’mon man…

I know I’ll get sh*t for saying this, but it’s f*cking lazy. It’s insulting to people who spent 35 years playing and learning, like a lot of players. And we continue to work at it! These guys can barely play a chord but call themselves soundscapists. Get the f*ck outta here! It’s b*llshit. There’s so much masking and spin going on there. Can we get real for a minute? What do you actually play? Pick up an acoustic guitar… try that!
What I'm taking away from this post and your name is that Joe Bonamassa is an official endorser of Foxrox Pedals.

Steve Y.

I’m an OK guitar player and grew up playing electric guitar with just amp spring reverb and a distortion pedal. I learned some technique and music theory and can play guitar just fine with those basic effects. But I really enjoy using pedals to come up with a bunch or interesting (to me) sounds. So, I’m offering a middle-ground point of view as counterpoint to yours. In other words, I think we can have it both ways.

I still play acoustic frequently so that I can be sure to keep up on my basic skills. It’s about moderation to me.

Hawkmoon269

Supporting Member

That's pretty much word for word what keyboard and piano players said when sequencers and electronic keyboards were invented. But the world didn't end. Pianos still exist.

burton56

Totally.
It’s similar to when my nephew puts some shredded cheese on top of tortilla chips, microwaves them, and then has the audacity to call them nachos.
It’s a total affront to us amateur chefs, who have a $129 chef’s knife that we only bought because we read about them in Anthony Bourdain’s book.
Nachos? Try some olive oil infused crudité topped with a rather impressive glazed honey vinaigrette.
Don’t forget the crème fraîche.
Put that on your Klon clone and smoke it!

Last edited: