I wanna order a Cochrane pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sid, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Sid

Sid Member

After a lotta thought...the first pedal i buy in building my pedalboard...i want it to be a 'Cochrane' pedal...still undecided on the Tim or the Timmy..

after many searches...I feel the Tim is more suited for me....cant find any sounclips though...any suggestions??anybody have any songs recorded usign the TIm and the Timmy???

Paulc:I live in Singapore... so Paul anyway you can ship a pedal to me???:BEER

I sent you a pm,didnt get a reply..im guessin that it got lost..i sent it just before the crash...would really appreciate some advice on this.

cheers

2. mcv

mcv Member

the only way to reach paul is by phone, at night, between 7-9 PM (central). it is his home number and he is very busy making pedals, taking other peoples calls, and has a wife and a baby, so just be courteous of that. Don't try to call during the day. he has a day job.
    contact me if you want his number.

3. Sid

Sid Member

thanks a lot man...yea i am very much in awe of paul..to dedicate ones life to improving tone in general....:RoCkIn
    i do hope i get a chacne to talk to him...time to head down to the phone booth and spend some moolah talkin to paul;)

4. drolling

drolling Member

Happy Timmy user here. Had one on my main board since late last year - this little guy works so well w/everything I've thrown at it that I decided I needed a second one for my electro-acoustic rig.. plus there's those little dip switches inside.. did some recording to compare settings, but I'll be better off having a couple under my toes - so much of the difference is in the 'feel'.. I need two to A/B simultaneosly.

After using Timmy for a week or so, I decided that I should have ordered a Tim, too. That switchable loop might take some real nice tone-shapers (EQs & boosters, or some swirlies like vibe, or even delay - so I've got one on the way as well.

Paul is hard to reach, and his stuff's in high demand, so I'd order both when you get thru'. He'll get back to you when the work's done. And it really is worth every minute of the wait:dude

5. Sid

Sid Member

yep am gonna call him as soon as i realize what time 7-9 US is in Singapore time....add...umm...add...um...12 hours??:rolleyes:

6. giggedy

giggedy Member

I'm thinking about ordering at least one myself. what are the exact differences between the tim and timmy?

7. Sid

Sid Member

Im guessin the TIM has more gain in generally and that its more of an OD as compared to the Timmy which is more of a Boost?:JAM

8. giggedy

giggedy Member

i always thought that they were both overdrives, but tim has more features

9. Sid

Sid Member

I guess the only way to find out is to call Paul himself...say...would anyone have the time???:p

10. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER

Sid, you're on the same Time Zone as me.

9.00am your time is 7pm Paul's time.

Easy!

11. asdf

asdf Member

Tim's gain maxed in the 1st stage is like Timmy at 3 o'clock, but then the Tim has the boost- giving it more overall gain. They have a different sound character because of the different value gain pots in them- slightly different, but still different. I'd go for the Tim :)

12. Sid

Sid Member

asdf thanks a whole bunch....

that was a useful bit of info....I need the TIM to stack with a dyna red..as far as i know both of em stack beautifully....any preferences???am looking to add some gain and wee bit of cream...:BEER

13. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

i would also like to go with the Tim over the Timmy. I like bells and whistles :D

14. Sid

Sid Member

hehe...:BEER

at its highest usable gain levels, how much does a TIM produce....enough for around classic rock im guessing?:drool

15. asdf

asdf Member

You'd definitely get classic rock tones on the Tim, and they both stack very well with other pedals, I don't think one stacks better than the other. And it should sound especially good with a Dyna Red since BJF pedals tend to stack very well with others too. Good luck waiting for that Tim ;)

16. Sid

Sid Member

Orite...now its time to plan...:BluesBros

17. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

any news as to the current wait time for a Tim/Timmy? been waiting 4 months for a zendrive and don't want to do that again... (I think I ordered a timmy through a PM months ago though I realize that probably never made it to paul...

18. drolling

drolling Member

Slowburn, you've got to call Paul up on the telephone and place the order personally. If you do a little digging around here, you'll find a recent thread containing info about a problem w/the TIM enclosures that was finally resolved. Should speed things up, but you're still looking at a long wait.

I've ordered quite a few *boutique* pedals this year, and the Cochrane Experience is truly unique. The guy's a wealth of information and is always a blast to talk to. Both pedals are great (I own 2 Timmys & a TIM) and so ridiculously underpriced you might as well order both - in fact, as of last week, the Timmy's been upgraded (2 extra clipping diodes) and I'm presently toying w/the notion of sending one back to TN for the mod, or just getting another one..

19. carltonh

carltonh Member

For anyone that knows the current practice...
    1. What are the current prices from Paul, and what is shipping?
    2. Does he charge up front, or not till your pedal is ready to ship?
    3. What forms of payment does he take?

I know I could ask him this by phone first, but so could hundreds of us and we could save his time if it is here.

20. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

+ 1! timmy and paul rawk!!