1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

I want a B3 Pedal "Gimme Some Lovin"

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gtrfinder, Apr 8, 2008.

1. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

I've tried plenty of leslie clones, univibes,and chorus pedals for a rotating speaker sound, but I think I am chasing the wrong thing. I LOVE the organ sound on the Spencer Davis Group's "Gimmie Some Lovin". I think it is a Hammond B3, but I might be wrong. The pedals I've tried (H&K Rotosphere, Visual Sound H20, Fulltone Deja Vibe, EHX Wiggler, either seem to have a brittle high end or miss the low frequency chug.

Does anyone make a close approximation of a B3?
    Let me know if you need clarification of what I'm trying to get across.

2. ?&!

?&! Member

My buddy plays that lick with an EHX Micro POG and a Deja Vibe, and it sounds AMAZING!!! He plays all the B3 classics like this, and it sounds exactly like an organ. Give it a shot!!!

3. dB

dB Member

Micro pog plus some sort of modulation..phaser, vibe, etc.. Or, just the regular Pog alone will do it, but it's quite large.

4. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

What settings are used to get that from the regular POG?

5. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

Roland Guitar Synth does it.

6. Birddog

Birddog Member

I've been looking for something similar. When our on again / off again keyboard player is absent, I play that part. I've just been using a Marshall Guv'nor 2 with the gain most of the way up, and heavy chorus. I also turn to partially face the amp to get the controlled octave/feedback. It isn't perfect, but the general idea is there.

This from last Saturday (one of the last songs and voices were SHOT, lol).

http://wildernesswanderer.com/American%20Legion%20Music/Gimme%20Some%20Lovin.mp3

Fun song.