I Want a GOOD Small Tremolo! Reccomendations please!!!

Jumblefingers

Silver Supporting Member
I am looking for a small (mxr size) simple but good sounding tremolo. Don't need tap tempo or even multi waveforms...good, clean, low noise are paramount. Ones I have read about but not tried include...

Mojo Hand Sugar Baby (Anyone have this???)
EBS: Tremolo
Bad Cat: BDF
Kaden: Flutter Tone
BYOC: Tremolo
Diaz: Tremmodillo
Guyatone: VT-3 (Micro)
Catalinbread: Semaphore (prefer vertical format)
Earth Quaker Devices: Pulse Machine Tremolo
Mad Professor Mellow Yellow

Thoughts???

Clutch21286

Check out the latest Guitar One or Guitar Player (Sorry can't remember). They test out a bunch of Trems and Vibes.

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
You might want to check out the Demeter Tremulator.
The Demeter up until now has been my favourite sounding trem.

In end though the preset boost was a problem for me in some circumstances and I didn't really like the tone of the buffer.

For pure trem tone though I preferred it to the Supa Trem, Tremolessence and the Cusack I now have.

shecfr

Gold Supporting Member
One of the best non tube type tremolo pedals I ever played is the Cali Quake by SPF (Smart People Factory)

It's in a MXR size box....

The Semaphore is the best sounding that I have played. It doesn't have the vertical layout you want but it is small and sounds wonderful.

SunnyRollins

I am looking for a small (mxr size) simple but good sounding tremolo. Don't need tap tempo or even multi waveforms...good, clean, low noise are paramount. Ones I have read about but not tried include...

Mojo Hand Sugar Baby (Anyone have this???)
EBS: Tremolo
Bad Cat: BDF
Kaden: Flutter Tone
BYOC: Tremolo
Diaz: Tremmodillo
Guyatone: VT-3 (Micro)
Catalinbread: Semaphore (prefer vertical format)
Earth Quaker Devices: Pulse Machine Tremolo
Mad Professor Mellow Yellow

Thoughts???
i'm in your same position, searching a nice sounding/small termolo (and around $200)...so far, I think i'll go for the semaphore.

fizzspitz

I have the tonefactor Sugar Baby. ( now named as Mojo hand)

great, vintage-sounding tremolo. no noise issues.

teXum

The Demeter up until now has been my favourite sounding trem.

In end though the preset boost was a problem for me in some circumstances and I didn't really like the tone of the buffer.
I'm getting rid of my current trem because of the way the buffer in that pedal colors my tone, when bypassed.

So how would you describe the buffer in the Tremulator? I would assume that this would be a high quality buffer, due to Demeter's reputation in making extreme quality DI boxes, but this might not be the case?

Maybe I'll be better of getting the Mad Professor Mellow Yellow tremolo. But then again, this one is described as a symmetrical tremolo, whereas the old amps, and the Tremulator, is described as assymetrical tremoloes. Can anyone offer any insights to this? I'm really looking for that Fender brown tremolo sounds, buttery and musical.

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
From your list, the Guyatone sounds good but there is a noticeable volume bump when engaged which may or may not work for you. If you want a cheap suggestion, the Marshall Vibratrem sounds very good, is small, and has a vibrato feature to boot.

ford

Modz
Staff member
Yeah I'm planning on trying the OceanEFX tremoliscious in a couple of months!

rock

bford

Catoogie

Adam Levy (Norah Jones) had one of the sweetest tremolo sounds I ever heard and it turned out to be a Danelectro Tuna Melt. I immediately bought one. It rules and it's like $30 or something.

Trending Topics